Activance - Rhodanide

Discussions about Rogaine, Propecia, Dutasteride, Spirolactone, Azelaic acid, GLA, etc.
Odin

Activance - Rhodanide

Post by Odin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:22 am

HI, i'd like to know if anyone here has ever heard of this product "Activance" that apparently contains the active ingredient "Rhodanide"

Today, i was at my friend's house and his housemate walked out of the shower and completely independent and prior to my knowledge of this product, i noticed his hair looked fuller and thicker, i noticed this even though his hair was wet. Later that afternoon, without me having said anything to him he came out of his room and shows me this bottle of hair product saying it's the best thing he's ever bought and that it "stops you from losing your hair."

So i jumped on the internet as i do whenever i hear about a potential cure or treatment and did alot of research.... i wasn't able to find much,most hits link back to the company's website or a site selling it which claim that this chemical was discovered in the 1800's and was used to increase the amount of wool harvestable from sheep and also make show horses and other animals have a shiny, healthy coat...... :/

I have not been able to find much independent info on this product, but this guy's hair DID look quite good, much better than i've seen it look in the past.

Here are a few photos i took including the ingredients list.

Anyone who has read my previous posts knows that i'm a skeptic at best so i'm not jumping on the boat here but anyone who has used it, ur opinions would be valued,
Especially yours Tom,

Attachments
Ingredients
Ingredients
Hair treatment.jpg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 15745 times

hank

Re: Activance - Rhodanide

Post by hank » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am

A rule of thumb; what MIGHT work on non-mpb like silica, brewers yeast, priorin etc. to regrow hair, is vastly different from what will halt or reverse hair loss for cases of mpb. The underlying cause is what's essential here, and even though some of these products might help your situation, you should really focus on an effort which is sufficient to fight mpb, given THAT is your problem.

On another note, try and limit how many topicals you use simultaneously. All things being equal, something that works well isolated might not well in conjunction with numerous other topicals. Also one should consider allergies, hair is fragile when wet and inflammation from rigorous application of topicals.

regards
Hank

Odin

Post by Odin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:33 am

Would like to hear Your thoughts on this Tom

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 am

Look at the Ingredients list. After the "Stabilised & patented formula" you will find rhodanide listed next to last. I typed rhodanide in the Google search box and read many of the articles listed there. Evidently it is a vitamin-like substance, the richest natural source being egg yolks. It might be important for healthy hair but I have not found any article that is scientifically convincing. I don't think you can put much credence in the articles on the product's websites. Another ingredient in Activance is allantoin. This is a by-product of uric acid. It is supposed to be an effective anti-irritant. The last ingredient in the list is fragrance. Some sensitive scalps do not react well to fragrance.

I would pay attention to what Hank said about being careful with the application of topicals. And I certainly would be skeptical about the claims of the people selling these topicals.

Odin

Post by Odin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:30 am

Completely agree Tom,

As for being careful myself, i dont really plan on using it, i was just interested to research it i actually find it intriguing that there is so little information on the active ingredient out there, it suggests a relatively new and unknown substance, at least in this field,

I know a few hairdressers that stock it and they basically sell it as like a treatment conditioner to women.

I find it quite interesting.