Correct ear movement while doing the SE

Questions and comments about this weird approach to hair loss
Bill C

Correct ear movement while doing the SE

Post by Bill C »

I read many messages that say good ear movement tells if you are doing the scalp exercise the right way. Please tell me in the clearest way possible how the ears should move when I am contracting my occipitalis muscle. I want to do this exercise correctly and I would like to find a test that is reliable.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Correct ear movement while doing the SE

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Correct ear movement is one of the two ways to determine if you're doing the scalp exercise the right way. The first way is to gauge how much scalp movement you're getting. If you're getting between a half an inch and three quarters of an inch of back and forth movement, you can be sure that you're doing the SE correctly.

The second way to know for certain if you're doing the SE right is to look at your ear movement. (1) When you contract the frontalis muscles at the front of your head, the scalp moves forward - and the tips of the ears move upward. (2) When you contract the occipitalis muscles at the back of the head, your scalp moves backward - and your ears move closer to your skull. These ear movements are dramatic. You will definitely see them. Without detectable ear movement you are not doing the scalp movement correctly.

The difficult occips
The difficult occips
neck3.gif (19.45 KiB) Viewed 5060 times