10 months SE

Questions and comments about this weird approach to hair loss
Patob

10 months SE

Post by Patob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:55 pm

hi everyone! transcribe the email i sent to Tom a few days ago telling my experience with SE:

It is difficult to know exactly. I started doing the scalp exercises well in April last year. I have a good movement of ears and with the passage of time an increasingly flexible galea. Without doubt from then until now my baldness has advanced(temples and crown with notorius less hair). But as an improvement I can describe: the darker and slightly thicker hair in general; Some small but very wide hair scattered in my temples (before they were thinner and blond) and in the last time a notorious low in the loss of hair when I bathe.
I am 21 and already denied to use propecia etc. I will continue doing the exercise with persistence and with a strong desire to see stronger results. I changed my diet a lot (6 to 8 servings between fruit and vegetables per day, plus a lot of water, low-fat foods, and seeds rich in omega acids) however I still drink alcohol and smoke (3 per day) habits that I really have trouble leaving. I only use one vitamin for hair per day (L-Metionina 300 mg; L-Cistina 200 mg; Biotina 2,5 mg; Vitamina B6 2 mg; Zinc 4 mg; Acido Pantoténico 9.2 mg)
hope you find it useful in the same way as me the other post! I would be happy to hear any suggestion
Keep making this great site better

NickSE

Re: 10 months SE

Post by NickSE » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Use natural shampoos, get plenty of sleep and exercise, try some months of daily scalp massage. I read you seem to be having some improvements - but if, as you said, baldness is advancing, you're still not doing enough. These are my tips.

Patob

Post by Patob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:47 pm

I use johnson shampoo that`s almost neutral and daily, after i take a bath, this kind of massage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUmvE9cSRrQ
and completely agree with you, until I see better results I will intensify the exercises. Thank you for the advice

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am

I have a good movement of ears and with the passage of time an increasingly flexible galea.
I hope this statement means that you are doing the scalp exercise correctly - getting at least a half inch of scalp movement by means of the alternating contraction of both the frontalis and the occipitalis muscles. Many people are just doing the contraction of the frontalis muscle. This is not sufficient.

Watch Conan O'Brien, a TV talk host in the United States. Use him as a model of someone who is doing the scalp exercise right and, hence, is getting great scalp movement. You'll also notice that he has healthy hair.

Perhaps all that scalp exercise helped his brain to grow strong.☺ He has an IQ of 160.

I'm not going to criticize natural remedies or detumescence therapy. Try everything out. I certainly tried everything out. It's an excellent learning experience. I used to try out all the shampoos and topical applications too.

Here is the link to H. Choy's article on Detumescence Therapy of Human Scalp for Natural Hair Regrowth. The publication date is January 12, 2012.

But aside from all that, try to learn the proper form of the scalp exercise. You might be pleasantly surprised by the beneficial results. Of course, you might be doing the exercise right as you are reading this. Watch Conan anyway though. He does the exercise with style!
Attachments
Conan O'Brien, good hair.png
Conan does the scalp exercise correctly.
Conan O'Brien, good hair.png (59.25 KiB) Viewed 5062 times

mickey

Post by mickey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am

Hello Tom,
Conan's ears do not appear to move backwards at all, how much is he contracting the occipitals muscles?

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

He is contracting the occipitalis a lot. Look at his ears. When he contracts the occipitalis muscles his ears flatten out against his scalp. He is getting a lot of scalp movement by this alternating contraction of the frontalis and occipitalis muscles. I've seen him in other videos. He does get a strong occipitalis contraction. His hair looks lively probably as a consequence of the scalp exercise.