Temporalis hair loss and the scalp exercise.

Questions and comments about this weird approach to hair loss
TransientHair

Temporalis hair loss and the scalp exercise.

Post by TransientHair » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:56 am

Hi, Tom. I have noticed that the skin over the temporalis muscle doesn't move during the scalp exercise, so I am assuming that the scalp exercise doesn't help the hair in that region. Do you know of an exercise that will provide the same benefits as the scalp exercise, but to the skin over the temporalis muscle? I have provided a link to an image that I found on the internet which should clarify which region I am talking about; it is circled in red. http://imgur.com/sex0hI8

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Temporalis hair loss and the scalp exercise.

Post by Tom Hagerty » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Do you know of an exercise that will provide the same benefits as the scalp exercise, but to the skin over the temporalis muscle?
The temporalis is a large, powerful muscles that works with the jaw (masseter) muscle when you chew. Unless you're on a liquid diet, these muscles get plenty of activity every day. You don't need a specific exercise for them. Some people think that chewing gum will give the jaw and temporalis muscles an even better workout than eating meals. There is research that indicates chewing gum is harmful to the teeth, gums, and jaw.
Attachments
Temporalis muscle.png
Large striated muscle that aids in chewing
Temporalis muscle.png (81.57 KiB) Viewed 2895 times

TransientHair

Re: Temporalis hair loss and the scalp exercise.

Post by TransientHair » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Sorry, I meant benefits to the hair in that region. The region in question is also called the temporal point. This website should show you the hair that I am talking about http://www.baumanmedical.com/Default.aspx?tabid=141