It has been almost three years

Questions and comments about this weird approach to hair loss
cashew

It has been almost three years

Post by cashew »

Hi Tom and hi everyone, and Thanks Tom for registering me.

So I am willing to learn the scalp exercise and have been exercising in that prospect for a bit more than two years and a half now. And I still couldn't get a single contraction of the occipitalis muscles. Is this normal ? Or does it mean that I will never be able to do it and just have to deal with it, like a woman you mentionned a long while ago, Tom.

I spend lots of time and effort on that, I know how the exercise should look like and feel like, and I tried all sorts of techniques, still to no avail. This is quite frustrating, as I'm sure many people in the learning stage know.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: It has been almost three years

Post by Tom Hagerty »

And I still couldn't get a single contraction of the occipitalis muscles.
You've been trying to get a contraction of the occipitalis muscle for two and a half years. No, that's not normal. Some people are able to get that contraction right away, some get it after a week of trying, and some tough cases get it after several months. But two and a half years!

Have you tried both the pillow technique and the glasses technique? If you don''t understand these strategies tell me and I'll describe them here.

The scalp exercise if it's done correctly, not only benefits the hair, it also benefits the whole upper face, keeping it toned-up and expressive. It's worthwhile learning. Send me your home address in an email and I'll send you a complimentary DVD showing you how I do the exercise. Anyone struggling with the SE for two and a half years without success deserves no less.

cashew

Post by cashew »

Thank you for your response Tom.
So it isn't normal, do you think I should stop hoping ?

Yes I tried the pillow technique, I try every day for say at leat half an hour, plus randomly troughout the day. I like to try to get the contraction in bed or in front of a mirror. I picture my scalp and ears being pulled back. But somehow all it seems to do is tense my shoulder and neck muscles, and give me headaches. Which I don't mind though, it's little price to pay for such a beneficial exercise.

I already tried to glasses technique but not very often, I will try it more, it is about trying to pull the glasses up the nose wihout using the eyebrows, am I right ?

I know how great this exercise is and I am very glad that I found out about it thanks to your site, this is why I put a lot of patience in it and am so devoted to practising. The day I get it I will be very happy and proud of myself too.

Well this is a really nice gesture thank you, I will send you my address. But I don't live in the US, is it still OK ?

Odin

Post by Odin »

Hi, don't get discouraged!

I'm in the same boat as you. Just haven't been in it as long haha

Going on 7 months now i think worth of practice every day and i still am not satisfied i have the excercise down.
I am pretty sure what i am doing instead is a combo of lowering my eyebrows and tensing the back of my neck there it meets the base of my head. It gives a false sense of doing it correctly.
BUT the key is to keep trying, i don't think it is an easy thing to learn and i'd say that at least half the people who claim it doesn't work were never doing it right.

Tom, with the glasses technique, are the glasses supposed to slide up your nose over a number of reps? Or after 1 rep?

I believe i have noticed results myself so dont give up.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

are the glasses supposed to slide up your nose over a number of reps? Or after 1 rep?
When you successfully contract your occipitalis muscles, the glasses slide up on the bridge of your nose during each rep. I didn't use this technique when I learned the scalp exercise, but if I had known about it I would have used it. It would have made learning stage shorter.
i'd say that at least half the people who claim it doesn't work were never doing it right.

This is probably true. Many people who ordered the DVD of my demonstration tell me that they were doing it all wrong. I tried to explain it the best I could on my website but sometimes words don't catch all that an image does.

TexasMedicine

Post by TexasMedicine »

Might have to look into the DVD to make it a certainty that I'm doing it right. I think I'm on the right track. Is it possible Tom to buy a video file off you that you can e-mail instead of the hassle of mailing out a DVD all the way to Australia?

mickey

Post by mickey »

I still cannot see my ears to move after approx two years of doing the S.E.