I think I see some results

Questions and comments about this weird approach to hair loss
RaulP

I think I see some results

Post by RaulP » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello

I just wanted to share my story. I have been doing scalp exercises for 3 months and I see now one little dark hair sprouting from a place that is about 1/2 inch below from my hairline. It is a completly bald area so a new hair is easy to see. It grows very slowly but it is a proof to me that scalp exercise could help to bring at least one of those follicules back to life again. I am 37 years old and I am about norwood 3. My receeding became noticeable for me when the temples started to thin( island was forming) in 2011. I then started to search for alternative treatments. I also find this forum back then and tried those exercises for a short time but I did not have a will power to do them every day . So I gave up. I also tried some expensive alternative supplements but I got a serious pain in the hip from resveratrol. So I did not want to take them anymore. But now 8 years later I am back to scalp exercises and I am doing them every day twice. I usually do them laying down in my bed before sleep and after sleep. I count to 1000 reps. It makes more than 10 minutes. I keep doing them and hope that I can wake up some more follicules. Many thanks to Tom who has kept this forum alive for so many years. I only wonder why it is so quit here.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: I think I see some results

Post by Tom Hagerty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:47 am

Many scientists who have studied hair loss claim that once a hair follicle is dead, it cannot be revived. But it's hard to determine when a follicle is dead or just in a dormant state. Dormant hair follicles can be revived, and although it's not usual, they can produce a terminal hair again. A terminal hair is one that is thick and has some pigmentation in it.

I still get emails from people who have given up on getting their hair back but keep doing the scalp exercise because it strengthens and tones-up the muscles of the upper face. Sometimes, though, these people are surprised after a year or more of doing the SE to see a growth of new hair. My hair is still thick and dark brown. I do the scalp exercise every day.

I don't do the exercise lying down on the bed though. Even though this is a good way to learn to control the occipitalis muscles at the back of the head, the bed may abrade (wear away by friction) some of the new hair. I do the SE sitting up. But I don't want to discourage you. Perhaps the bed is a good idea.

Bad Hair.jpg
Good hair, no problems
Bad Hair.jpg (5.82 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Are you doing the scalp exercise correctly? You have to get a solid contraction from the occipital muscle. Many men are just contracting the frontalis muscle at the front of the head. They are not getting the alternating contraction of both scalp muscles. I know this from the videos that at least twenty men have sent me.

I hope that eventually you see more than one terminal hair sprouting up on the thinning area of your scalp. You probably will if you stay with the SE program, eat nutritious food, and avoid eating junk food.

RaulP

Post by RaulP » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Tom, I read from your story that you started with scalp exercises as soon as you noticed hairloss. You were quit young so it could be said that you had a pretty agressive hairloss. It is a miracle that you have maintained your hair. Before 2011 I did not noticed my hairloss because my hairline was solid( altough receeded) but then my temples started to go and hairline was not solid anymore. Then I noticed that I am going bald. The sprounting hair probably shows where my initial hailine was. It is about half an inch lower than it is now.
I think I also should have started as soon as I noticed temple loss. It may be more difficult or even impossible for me to restore my hair on the temples because I did not start as soon as possible but I keep trying. This one hair gives me hope.

RaulP

Post by RaulP » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:27 am

Small update. This one little hair is getting longer very slowly. It is about 2.5 mm long now. It grows very slowly compared to other hair. It blows my mind to see where my hairline once was. If the receeding is slow and without temporal loss then you just can not notice it on time. It quickly becomes apparent when the temples are starting to go.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Fri May 03, 2019 8:16 am

Raul P, I did not have aggressive hair loss. Only the hair in my temple area was falling out. At nineteen or twenty years of age, though, this loss of hair really depressed me. When I walked by the store windows on Brand Boulevard in Glendale, California, I would notice my vanishing hair. I didn't like it. I was a bodybuilder at that time (still am to some extent) and would read the books on health and nutrition. At the Glendale Library when I was reading the chapter about the cranial muscles in Gray's Anatomy, I saw this, "By bringing alternately into action the frontal and occipital portions, the entire scalp may be moved forward and backward." I made a printout of the entire chapter and still have it.

In two weeks of "training" in front of my mom's bathroom mirror, I was able to gain control of my scalp muscles. I was able to move my entire scalp. In about eight months of doing the scalp exercise my hair was better than ever. By "better than ever" I mean it was thicker and had more density. This was not my imagination. Even my mom noticed this change in my hair quality.

Of course I was young when I started with my scalp routine. There is no guarantee that you will make the same progress. But I urge you to try. You really have nothing to lose. And the scalp exercise gives you a added benefit other than hair. It tones up your entire upper face, including your eyelids. As you can tell from my writing, I'm still enthusiastic about this exercise I discovered many years ago.

Tommy, two years old.jpg
I had lots of hair when I was two.
Tommy, two years old.jpg (48.03 KiB) Viewed 84 times