Dermaroller.

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
mickey

Dermaroller.

Post by mickey » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:41 am

Has anyony had sucess with a dermaroller? I was thinking about trying one.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Dermaroller.

Post by Tom Hagerty » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:53 pm

I'd also like to hear of any positive results from using this device. And if someone has had results I'd like to know how he used the Dermaroller - how long, how many minutes, what kind of pressure.
Attachments
Dermaroller.jpg
Dermaroller.jpg (4 KiB) Viewed 15117 times

daveyreh

Post by daveyreh » Thu May 12, 2016 2:08 am

I've been trying to simulate a dermaroller using my fingertips to rub my temples and crown daily. Varying pressure and 40 seconds at a time (usually while on a stairmaster when the blood is really pumping). Been doing this for a month and the pressure I apply to the crown and temples kind of simulates Tom's advanced exercise, except I'm rubbing instead of pulling on hair (while mine grows back after a very militant haircut last month). It still feels great. May not be exactly the same effect though. I "spank" my wet head over a towel with my hands after the shower for about a minute too and if I manage to keep a soft neck and breathe throughout, it feels great and makes the scalp feel very alive acutely. Highly recommended. In addition to traditional MPB areas, I also noticed that the hairline in the back near the neck and behind the ears also tends to look thin in individuals like myself who would otherwise have atrocious MPB without the SE. Therefore I include the "spanking" (<--sounds terribly naughty haha) on the back of the head below the occips, but no lower than that. It feels tremendous. and its cool because you re drying your hair slowly in the process, and flattening it too. After the flattening I allow a few minutes of air drying and then brush and the hair looks quite --luxuriant--- to use a Tom word.
Just an idea.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Fri May 13, 2016 7:36 am

I "spank" my wet head over a towel with my hands after the shower for about a minute . . .

I'm just listening to the advice of other hair experts when advising not to do anything radical to the hair or scalp when its wet. After a shower, especially a warm shower, the hair follicles are in a vulnerable state. Hair pulling or "spanking" a wet scalp might not be that advantageous. Just a suggestion.
Attachments
Don't fool with wet hair
Don't fool with wet hair
All wet.jpg (7.46 KiB) Viewed 14902 times

daveyreh

Post by daveyreh » Fri May 20, 2016 3:03 am

Definitely noted. I actually have read somewhere on here that combing the hair while its wet is practically suicide. I have observed this in the early part of my SE days when my hair was falling out cats and dogs. Now I continue to avoid combing hair when its freshly wet, but so far I feel the towel spanking is mostly harmless because the hair shafts aren't being pulled (and maybe they should be?), but I've been observing very little hair fall out these days. Maybe that means I've gotten whatever is left on my head to be in the anagen phase for now.

It feels real stimulating, but every time I do it I do hear the Hagertian voice in my head and the cautionary tale therein. Do you think it'd be a problem if I did it on a semi-dry head? The reason I'm doing it is because like I said I'm trying to get another inch or inch and a half back on my head so I can do the advanced exercise, and just wanted to do an additional treatment on my hair while waiting. Hopefully someday I'll be stisfied with what I'm seeing and can scale back all this SE and additional exercise! A sort of maintenance level of exercise, I mean.