Nigella Sativa oil for TE?

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
Jenvoy

Nigella Sativa oil for TE?

Post by Jenvoy »

Tom,
Have you heard of using Nigella Sativa to promote hair growth for TE? I came across a study that was done in 2013, 0.5% nigella sativa lotion was given to participants and there was a 70% increase in hair growth (follow-up done 6 months after) using this lotion for telogen effluvium. Of course, it can very well be that the TE resolved on it's own and hair re-growth occurred. I'm tempted to use the oil topically myself to see if it does in fact work. I'd much rather use a natural herb for the hair loss I'm having than minoxidil, which has far too many awful side effects.

Has anyone had positive effects with nigella sativa?

http://file.scirp.org/Html/2-1050155_35882.htm
Last edited by Jenvoy on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Nigella Sativa oil for TE?

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I read the article you linked to. Here is an instructive bit of fact about TE from the article:
The acute form is a self-limiting condition lasting for about 3-6 months, but if the triggering event persists, the acute form can evolve in chronic condition. When the shedding lasts more than 6 months, or persistently cycles in and out of periods of increased shedding, it is called a chronic TE. A chronic TE can last for years and it is more often reported in women than men [6]. The accepted causes of this chronic condition are thyroid disorder, profound iron-deficiency anemia, malnutrition, drugs and chronic autoimmune diseases.
Try Nigella Sativa (black cumin seed oil) for a while. It might help with your TE and there would be no nasty side effects. The research for this treatment appears to be legitimate.
Attachments
Nigella Sativa from Amazon.com
Nigella Sativa from Amazon.com
Nigella Sativa.png (83.19 KiB) Viewed 6957 times