Book Reccomendation

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
Odin

Book Reccomendation

Post by Odin »

Hello Tom and anyone else who may see this.

I would like to recommend a book that i found Fascinating it's called: How your mind can heal your body by Dr David Hamilton.
Now there have been new age self help books out for years on this topic however David Hamilton is a PHD in Chemistry and approaches the topic from a completely scientific point of view. It was really a FASCINATING read. the concept alone is amazing to think about.

Whether you put the book down with the opinion that the mind can heal the body or not, it's certainly interesting especially considering all the evidence and research he cites during it's pages.

Thought you would be interested.

Cheers,
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Book Reccomendation

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Some might say that I'm giving people false hope...
Dr. David Hamilton, in his book How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body, also says:

"I've made some sizable leaps in this book in suggesting that almost any illness can be healed using the mind, or at least improvements can be made."

But many of the concepts in his book are somewhat convincing even to a skeptic. And he presents these concepts and "case histories" in a non-abrasive style. The following quotation from Dr. Hamilton's book is absolutely true:

"We know for certain that thoughts, emotions, and beliefs aren't just subjective ideas, but that they cause real chemical and physical changes in the brain and throughout the body."
Odin

Re: Book Reccomendation

Post by Odin »

One must at least agree that there has been scant research into this field, at least from the perspective of western medicine and with quantifiable results.
It's something that i'll be interested to follow in coming years.

One thing's for certain, we won't see Phizer doing any trials with placebo healing and visualization any time soon, there is very little money in it if we can all heal ourselves.

Would love to do an experiment, superficially cutting the skin and visualizing it healing versus a control on healing naturally......