Topical remedies and other solutions

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
Post Reply
Wolverhampton
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Topical remedies and other solutions

Post by Wolverhampton »

Good morning Tom and everybody,
After my extensive research some time ago on MPB, I came across a suggested idea online through google that coffee, green tea, and other natural herbs with caffeine can slow down, stop, reverse balding in men and women due to the DHT inhibitors present in them.
I read conflicting evidence regarding green tea: one site suggests the DHT inhibitors are a pro to consuming green tea, another stated that green tea as well as s soy bean and soy foods have something in them which imitates oestrogen in the body which can actually adversely affect males hair growth worsening it. Others state a variation or somewhere in between. Firstly, I have been a herbal tea drinker including green tea for a long time. Does anyone have any factual or personal experiences with green tea usage and hair (if any link has been established)? Secondly, during my research on coffee, I found that coffee although with its high caffeine content, is ineffective if consumed because you would have to consume large amounts (estimated at somewhere around 200+ cups a day) to get the desired effect of reducing/blocking DHT production. Other sites say the complete opposite, that 4 cups per day is fine and in combination with other lifestyle/dietary changes can help.
With the conflicting evidence of coffee i decided to search for a more topical application of coffee, and came across this video on youtube. The user in the video actually has numerous haircare videos ranging from growth, regrowth, natural maintenance products etc...all natural. I have contacted her and she was very kind enough to tell me on where I can purchase herbs online to do this at home (its slightly more difficult as I live in the UK and we don't have local access to some of the products/herbs).

Does anyone have any thoughts or info on topical application of coffee and other consumables? I myself have tried this a few times. I have also on seperate and numerous occasions used egg on its own (raw), coconut, hemp and olive oil heated together and massaged into the scalp. My aim is regrowth, however I have only just recently started my physical and dietary program change so i have yet to account any details. I will keep people posted though. Here's the video link below please comment and let me know of any thoughts, testimonies and advice please.
Happy Sunday :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41YYhB1WWM
Full
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Topical remedies and other solutions

Post by Full »

Regarding topical solutions I found some post and a medical study that the sulphur contained
in fresh onion juice increased hair growth - as well is told about MSM (organic sulphur)
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 am

Re: Topical remedies and other solutions

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Sulfur has been called nature's beauty mineral because it's good for both the skin and the hair. Sulfur is a component of keratin, the tough protein that is a major constituent of the hair. The best source of sulfur is eggs, but other protein-dense food are also rich in this trace mineral: meat, fish, cheese, and milk.

Sulfur is in many "beauty" preparations because it is after all the "beauty mineral." This is a nice selling point for these products. The problem is that the sulfur molecule is too large to penetrate the epidermis. In other words, topical sulfur might be great for the placebo effect but not for a real biological effect.

Check up on my statement about sulfur and its molecular size though. I'm just repeating what I've read many times. I know I shouldn't do that.
mickey
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 am

Re: Topical remedies and other solutions

Post by mickey »

Tom, would you advise eating eggs? do they cause bad cholesterol ?
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 am

Re: Topical remedies and other solutions

Post by Tom Hagerty »

would you advise eating eggs?
I eat about six eggs a week. They are a highly nutritious food, full of vitamins and minerals. The new research about "bad" cholesterol indicates that it is not all that bad except for about 1 percent of the population. The other 99 percent of us need both the good and the bad cholesterol to keep our cells happy, especially our brain cells. Do some reading on this but make sure the research documents are up to date. If you read studies done in the 1960s, you will think that cholesterol is killing you softly - messing up your arteries and you life.
Post Reply