Your opinion on another method

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
Jay07

Your opinion on another method

Post by Jay07 »

Tom,

Have you heard of the ferox method? I've been reading about it on some forums and seen that people say it works.
What do you think?

Jason
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Your opinion on another method

Post by Tom Hagerty »

All the herbs and nutrients in the Ferox Nutri-Hair Capsules won't hurt you but they certainaly won't grow any hair. In fact, none of these Healthy Hair Formulas, Vitamins for the Hair tablets, or Mega Vitamins for the Hair are going to do much for your hair. There are at least 100 of these pills on the market now. Maybe I'll start selling them too - "Get your hair back in 30 days with Tom Hagerty's super formula."
Odin

Post by Odin »

That would be a massive seller if it worked.....

I believe that hairloss, like cancer is the result of numerous and interconnected series of problems in the body, which is why it is so hard to cure.
The only way to address it, in my opinion is holistically (as in an approach that looks at the body's problems on the whole)
Not with a pill, quick fix or fad.

I believe it can be done however.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

The only way to address it, in my opinion is holistically...

Many people think that problems like weight gain, adult-onset diabetes, and even hair loss can be solved by swallowing a pill. And the advertising copy, with a grain of physiololgical truth, produced by the pill-pushers is seductive, especially to those without a scientific background. Who knows - maybe in a few years miracle pills will appear that will solve such problems. Right now, though, a holistic approach (diet, exercise, mental attitude) seems more effective because it deals with the cause of the problem, not just the easing of symptoms.

Odin, you expressed in one paragraph an uncomfortable truth, one that a lazy person will not like to hear: it takes patience, persistence, and knowledge to solve some health problems - in other words, a holistic approach. Popping a pill will usually not get the job done.
Jay07

Post by Jay07 »

What do you think of "masks", like the musturd powder, egg yolk and oil. Them sort of things on your hair for say 15 minutes... Have you heard form them to be any good? I think the musturd powder can increase the blood circulation.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I've often read about how "things that burn" can increase circulation to scalp tissue and even promote the growth of new hair. Read this article about the benefits of capsaicin. Perhaps mustard has some of the same topical benefits. I've never tried either so I can't give you any personal insight.
Jay07

Post by Jay07 »

Thanks ..

Can you reply to email please? I can post the question here if you want

Jay
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty »

Jay, I don't keep up with all the new hair vitamins, formulas, and products you ask about. I assume that most of these items are worthless - just things that are thrown together and overly advertised. Young men with hair loss are usually emotionally vulnerable - a good target for slick peddlers of worthless "cures."