Amazing case of Hair regrowth

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair
Full

Re: Amazing case of Hair regrowth

Post by Full » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:46 am

I'm always a little suspicious about the mentality of those nutrition gurus who want you to eliminate certain categories of food from your diet.
I agree with you, Tom. Some people are so radical they never ever consume any piece of
heated or processed food . . . Why not if they like it. I like cooked food so I keep to have
it once a day but I avoid non organic industrialized food as much as possible almost 100% as I
dont like to support this industry
I have done a lot of research on food related to health and hairgrowth and came
up with following programm :

Daily intake of (around 5 times a week) :

4 oz of fresh barley or wheatgrass juice
1 big glass of fresh fruit/ vegetable juice in the morning
3/4 liter of juice based ob leafy green vegetables (including seeds yoghurt coconut oil, fruit etc)
after jogging / biking
4 tablespoons of Chia seeds
1,5 teaspoons of MSM
2 tablespoons of bee pollen
2 teaspoons of powedered kelp

Meat from time to time also cooked food as I said all organic

Expect to have incredible hairgrowth soon ;-) In any case I am sure I am doing sth good to my body by supplying him with great stuff . . .

Odin

Post by Odin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:18 am

Chia seeds are a superfood. Completely agree with u eating them.

Where do you get fresh barley juice though??

It's not powdered??

Full

Post by Full » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I started with powdered barley juice but now I grow it by my own - not very complicated just a bit of discipline every day.

Odin

Post by Odin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:38 am

Interesting, I will get started then!

Wolverhampton

Post by Wolverhampton » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 am

In direct response to 'Full', I also did some research for a time on detox diets followed by readjusting eating habits. I just want to say as simply as possible (without going into an in depth detail story) that I strongly believe that the food marketed to us today as consumers isn't 100% full of its nutrients. I myself and another close friend shop very specifically and selectively when it comes to food (something which is overlooked by many people who just go to the local grocery stores and buy whatever on the shelf). I am not knocking these stores or saying that this food is bad. I still eat food you can find in stores. But what I am also saying is that like your friend, a little extensive search on alternative food sources whether for the same types of food or something completely new, is beneficial. Personally I have researched plant based proteins which contain higher quantities of protein that meat sources alone! Me and my friend both research food almost daily looking for new and alternate sources. Protein is currently on our list as priority as some of the controversial studies of animal based proteins seem sensible. Although I do enjoy a good well done steak and I love chicken and fish too. I won't go into too much depth about animal based products/proteins but I will say this: you are what you eat.
Back to your friends study: I went on a short detoxification regime to accompany my reevaluation of food consumption and within a month and a half, my hair did show signs of slight thickening within that short period of time. As soon as I am in a position to redo that old regime I will reintroduce it to my current lifestyle and to my family because besides a mental/logical/psychological satisfaction of knowing what I am doing, on a deeper level within I feel it works. And on a physical level I see it works.
During my 'detoxification':
A big jug of blended fruit smoothies and root punches
Banana egg yolk, milk or
citrus fruits and berries blended with plain youghurt/cream or
beetroot or
Carrot, orange and pumpkin
Blended parsley/coriander boiled for 10mins to help clear out kidneys every day
Plenty of water to flush out the impurities in my system...
as well as 5 mile runs and quarter mile - 1 mile sprints to help sweat out impurities in my body and boost HGH release

It was a struggle for the first few months, but aside from the fact we had no choice as our place of employment wasn't paying us correctly (due to company being sold to a new organisation) we had to make do with such a minimal diet. But I began to feel great afterwards. My digestive system was a lot smoother (primarily because of the lack of heavy meats and increase on liquidised foods lol), my oily skin on my face cleared up and my scalp was looking healthier. However on the con side, I did feel a lot more tired due to the lack of vital nutrients.

Whilst living with my Asian work collegue their diet consisted of rice based foods (they were also vegetarians a lot of their foods would be replaced with vegetable substitutes for where meat would usually go).
I started to include coconut milk over cows milk
pineapple and mangos
fish/chicken for myself but unfortunately no steak was allowed in their home :(
raw garlic/onions

All junk food and fast foods were cut out.
No processed foods, white sugars or refined carbs
Wholegrains were added
flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds were introduced into my diet (after added these I noticed the scalp under my thinning crown was less shiny and clearer).

However now I can say that on upon retrospection I have learned there needs to be a healthy balance of all foods you eat for a healthy well being. Now I am able to eat more I am eating all my old favorite foods, however I don't eat fast food/junk foods at all and I do still keep up the liquidised/blended fruits/veg. I would recommend a detoxification addition to a persons diet, rather than a substitute for any amount of time, and to keep it regular. I have looked into the 'alkaline' based diet and I haven't yet put it into action. However I have consumed a large amount of lemons and other similar citrus fruits which are believed to have an alkaline affect on the body due to its residue left upon being used despite their original acidic pH.
Fad dieting is dangerous, and the misconception to a lot of them is the replacement idea. I believe dieting should be a modified version of your current diet: that is remove what you feel necessary and introduce what's necessary. But I am glad for your friend, and your message here has given me motivation to reintroduce this back into my diet at some point as my findings weren't just on a whim, but seem to be a consistent thing with at least 1 other person in the world so far. :D

I have taken a note of all the books mentioned in this thread and I will be checking them out shortly.

Thank you and Happy Sunday. :D

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 am

Plenty of water to flush out the impurities in my system...as well as 5 mile runs and quarter mile - 1 mile sprints to help sweat out impurities in my body and boost HGH release
A five-mile run occasionally is OK but stay away from marathon training or too much of any kind of exercise. Overtraining releases a lot of cortisol, the stress hormone - not good for the body or the hair. This is not some kind of personal insight. There is much solid scientific research in this area.
I have consumed a large amount of lemons
Be extremely careful with lemons. They can destroy the enamal of your teeth. Even though they are full of vitamin C and have an alkaline effect, I wouldn't touch them. I think good teeth are even more important than hair for a person's appearance.

Wolverhampton

Post by Wolverhampton » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Good evening Tom
Thanks for the reply to my post. I totally forgot that fact of tooth enamel being under attack from too much acid. I will moderate my usage more.

Also thanks for the reply on over exercising. I guess with my fear of ill health I over do it on things. I never really paid much attention to the cortisol contribution until you reminded me. I once came across an article on this which stated along the lines of too much cortisol and the sudden rise in testosterone can have adverse effects in people who over exercise. Initially the 5 mile runs were to target my cardiovascular syustem as I was then living a sedentary lifestyle. I felt since I couldn't find other means of exercise that I may as well do this. However looking back on it, somewhere within me just didn't feel fully comfortable with the excessive running despite being beneficial to my cardio system. I will reevaluate my new gym and sports plan for next year taking this into account. I used to do 1 and a half to 2 hours 4 times a week. Then recently I started spending 4/5 hours with my friends 3 times a week. I read somewhere once that those who do shorter sessions of around half an hour max receive the same and more benefits compared to longer sessions.
I guess when you are vulnerable and in a state of naïve desperation you will motivate yourself to do anything you consider helpful.
Thanks for reminding me.
Happy Sunday.
T
UK

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 pm

naïve desperation
That is the perfect description of the state of mind that many young hair loss sufferers have. I'm going to steal that phrase from you and use it occasionally.
Attachments
Naïve desperation
Naïve desperation
Bed of nails.jpg (8.31 KiB) Viewed 13082 times

Wolverhampton

Post by Wolverhampton » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 am

LOL no problem.
I like the picture metaphor you used to describe the phrase. :lol: