Topical esteogen.....

Discussions about Rogaine, Propecia, Dutasteride, Spirolactone, Azelaic acid, GLA, etc.
Odin

Topical esteogen.....

Post by Odin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 am

This thought just popped into my head the other day... Would a topical esteogen cream work to prevent MPB??

Obviously I'm not the first one to think of this as it has been studied and is apparently used widely in Europe.
It's not esteogen but a derivative called estridol and it apparently has shown "considerable success"
Here is only one small write up on it that seems inconclusive to say the least though I am still researching

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-n ... cle340.php

One thing's for sure, finasteride is nasty stuff and given the choice, I'd probably rather take a natural hormone than an enzyme blocker that messes with hormone levels in my WHOLE body.

Thoughts?

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: Topical esteogen.....

Post by Tom Hagerty » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:39 am

Would a topical esteogen cream work to prevent MPB??
There's no way I could answer that without coming off as a charlatan. Many scientists are experimenting with aromatase and aromatase inhibitors in the context of hair loss. There are monster papers being written on the subject. I have not kept up with all the research so I don't have even a clue.

Odin

Re: Topical esteogen.....

Post by Odin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:46 am

I see.
Well I will continue to look into it and will post any relevant information I come across.

Seems to have some promise though and is a very interesting possibility.