Hair loss an ongoing problem

Discussions about the diffuse thinning experienced by women, usually after menopause
sadhair

Re: Hair loss an ongoing problem

Post by sadhair »

Still no improvement as bad as ever.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

No improvement, as bad as ever. Little regrown hair too weak to hold itself up. It curls. Or flops down. More scalp visible. Hair loss from eyebrows appears to be growing back finer too. Not much of it either. All other hair growth fine and sparse. Lunula on index finger reappeared. Push skin back on other nails and think i can see bit on them. Ridges on ring and little finger nails still there. On big toenails too. Saw derm again, she didnt have an answer for anything. Insisted all bloods fine. Said there is still time for it to return. Ignored all comments about slow growth and weak hair. Dermatologists do not have a clue. Said someone with fphl does not describe shedding jus thinning of hair gradually over time. Other derms on the internet say they do. I am only torturing myself thiniking it is going to grow back now. Why do they insist on giving this false hope the truth is better than false hope. 💔
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

18 months since that sore throat and weightloss and my hair is starting to feel softer. Still shedding but i think it may be shedding less. Some regrowth but alot of it is very thin. Was this sub acute thyroisitis? Ridges on nails fading but still there. Nails still palish. I am still taking iron whenever i see my nails more white than pink i give my iron a boost. For good thyroid function i read it should be 90. I should be at 70 still not actively looking to increase it but will keep an eye on my nails for guidance. Hair is alot finer than what it used to be 😳
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

I have hpylori. I got a private test done. Is this what has been causing this loss? Have had burning pain for the same length of time as the hair loss. This would cause thyroid peroxidase antibodies to be positive.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Update: i have to do a breath test for hpylori. Dr paid no heed to the private test results i had done. Have to wait a week before do it. As emergency room dr gave me some omezerapole for flank pain.

Also found out that i have a raised liver enzyme, (dont know which one or by how much) and blood 2 plus in urine and luckocytes 500 ( discovered by emergency room drs) Had cat scan kidney et all is clear by all accounts.

I rang dr to find out which enzyme not heard yet, i would hope he plans on doing a retest on the liver and urine.

Wonder if the hpylori has caused this. Liver was fine last May. I did notice a month ago bruising from knowwhere all over my legs and i am itching a bit everywhere.

Dr never did urine tests before so dont know if the lukocytes and blood in urine have been there from the start of this hair loss or new developments. I was on my period though so maybe that caused the high wbc and rb.

Hair loss i think has lessened still have hair coming out when i touch it. All my hair individual strands are all thinner eyebrows and eyelashes at least half the thickness. Has the ulcer caused thinning from malabsorption?

I should i would imagine have my hpylori breath test results in 2 weeks. Hopefully then treatment starts and i see improvements in all these symptoms.

I hope when improvement comes hair growth kicks back in. But lots of people have stomach ulcers and no hairloss! I hope change comes soon.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Test done this morning. Sent in post. Results back in a week and half. There has been so much hanging around waitinf for results and waiting on appts. One bit of advice i would give anyone suffering, do not hang around waiting on appt. Hair still coming out hair all thinner individual strands. Shocking how much hair i have lost. I wonder if the hpylori has stopped me absorbing nutrientd and that is why hair all thinner and dying.

I read articles that in horses it causes dull and poor hair coat condition and in ferrets it can cause hair fall. If hpylori affects animals this way. It must also affect humans the same way.

Pain in left flank alot worse. Read omerzapole causes hair loss i am avoiding that medication until antibioti c treatment. Have started to takr aloe vera juice mastic gum and a probiotic as well as a multivitamin.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Hair shedding has picked up again. Just falling out. Hair in my head is so thin. Nails are starting to get bad again. Moons staring to fade. I stopped tsking iron, zinc, selenium, multivitwmin and iodine since hpylori diagnosis. I feel like my body is just crumbling away. My skin in my eyebrow has started flakin g this past week. Is this simply what i am destined for? I don't think i could face this year after year. Hope is running out.

Going to start the supplements again. Am taking mastic gum and probiotics at the moment. A week to go before i know if the dr is going to treat me. Fed up wsiting. Going to get protein and b12 tested thats if they will do it when i ask. Disheartened. I am getting to the stage where i can barely stand the thoughy of going to work.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

So breath test came back postive. Start triple therapy tmw for a week 7 tablets a day. I have arranged to get private blood test on my b vitamins and protein. 5 day turn around on those. See what status they are at. When get results will then take to my dr and tell them i want all my nutritional tests done as i believe i have been sufferinf from malabsoption since this started. Advice to anyone out there. Visit a derm once. They camt tell u amything but may give u peace of mind to hear them tell you what kind of loss you have. Spend your time and money on making sure you check your full bloods and health. 20 months i have been walkin around with ulcer and the drs failed to recognise symptoms. Had to fig the ulcer out myself. Hopefully this improves and i improve.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

I need this to end. I cannot live like this.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Finished the antibiotics. Still got a week of the ppi if anything worries me to my stomach or scares me i feel my stomach heat up. Had 3 good days then minor annoyance last night flared it up.

Hair loss seems to have stopped. Only couple came out everday day when brushing this past 3 days prob 60 hairs across the 3 days. Dont know if i should say that out loud for fear it starts bad again.

Hair still thinner than it used to be the individual strands not strog and thick none of them, they dont appear to be as fly away. Maybe its just a good day.

Under a certain light i can see diffuse shades of hair colour when comb hair down, makes me think a shed is on its way. I always hope it isnt and get disappointed.

Hair everywhere else still shedding diffusely and not growing. Eyebrows are starting to flake skin. Finger nails go from.being pink to pale and back again. Still have ridges. Moons still poor. Regrowth little of what there is, is thin, some of it curls like the way my hair did when it was growing as a child it doesnt stick straight up like everyone talks about regrowth after telogen. I looked at old photo when 5 or 6 and hair was curly that was growing in new

The hair loss at my part and temples were the least covered area of my head when i was a child as well. They appeared to be the last to fill in.

Very little regrowth and its thin. There are alot of vellus almost invisible hairs can only see in certain light. Dont know if this is hair slowly coming back or the other way.

I have been taking probiotics, aloe vera, b vitmains, zinc, iodine, vit d.

Dont know how long the reduced hair fall will last. I am used to heartbreak and almost expecting it.

Hair is worse than ever in terms of coverage. Ponytail lost in 22 months 70%.