Hair loss an ongoing problem

Discussions about the diffuse thinning experienced by women, usually after menopause
sadhair

Re: Hair loss an ongoing problem

Post by sadhair »

B12 is fine. Ferritin dropped to 50. No major regrowth. Going to take more iron to increase it back up to 70. Didnt take iron for a month and it dropped 20. If i didnt take any iron i reckon i would be anaemic. Hair loss slowed for now. No growth hair still thin.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Hair loss appears ro have slowed on head. Regrowth there is some but it is thin. The front part and temples are still bad. More grwoth in one side than the other. Hair growth everywhere else still poor. Eyelashes still fallig out too much. Stomach pain improved.

Tablets i take. Floradix vit d. Mastic gum probiotic glucosa.ine omega 3 cod oil.vit c e b12 dolate and minerals. Seleniun silica
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

I talked to soon hairloss as bad as ever. Jus slipping out. All my hair in head is thinner it has thinned and is dying little regrowth hair is all thinner not worth shit.
No new regrowth anywhere. Eyebrows worse than ever. Less and less and less. Skin flakes in eyebrows. No regrowth. Eyebrows thinner.

I want my life to end. I wish i was dead. I really do. I havent lived a life since this started. 2 years of life ruined. Not lived. I would be better dead. I have no luck and am being punished for some unknown reason. Every mornif i wish i didnt wake up. Everyday i wish i was gone.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Nose hair falling out too now. All my hair is fine. No more thick strands of hair anywhere.
Got retested for h pylori. Result came back negative no h pylori infection. That is one good bit of news.

I noticed about 10 months ago lanugo hair on my face. Not sure if i am imaginig it or not but think it is going away a bit.

Got a provate appt with endocrinologist today. Will see what he says about all my symptoms. I reckon thr weightloss stress and ulcer / h pylori infection triggered my thyroid problems and it is no longer just hair loss but thyroid problem.

2 years wasted. How many more. Ive said it before and my mind hasnt changed. I wish i wasnt here anymore
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Endo doesnt believe thyroid problems are causing the hair loss. He reckons my raised antibodies will drop a few weeks after the h pylori has been eradicated. Said it is too soon to test thyroid again. Is going to retest thyroid in 6 weeks. Said we will know then whether thyroid is malfunctioning or not and what impact h pylori has had.

He checked me over was concerned about how xcold my hands were.

Said i have had alot of stressors/factors which would cause the hair loss. Didnt say anything about hair being finer than it used to.

Said dr was wrong when he said stomach had nothing to do with the immune system. Also said the dr was wrong not to test vitamins. He has tested my vitamin d. Said it is connected to hormones. Will wait for results before prescribe any vit d tablets. Said i should take iodine.

Told him all my symptoms told him didnt know if connected or not. Since h pylori eradicated dry peelig lips are not as bad and burning stomach pain pretty much gone.

I am taking iodine floradix vitamin d 3 colostrum zinc probiotics.

Hair getting finer and finer and thinner and thinner. Regrowth none. I feel and see scalp all over my head my.thick hair is gone gone.

I wish i was dead.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Lots of hair coming out. Hair is finer than a baby's. Everywhere hair falling and fine. Lips are dry and peeling again. Lips have keratin so sign that nothing is improving. No improvement no growth no change just misery
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Lanugo hair on face and neck is coming out. I dont know whether its good or bad because of the alopecia. Normally i would say good. But i just dont know.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Endo rang me vit d tests back i am at 80 do they are relatively good. Goig to aim for 100. Nothing wrong with vit d. I thot i wid be dedicient not been out in it much
Obv the food i have been eating is full of it. What is going on with me. Doesnt appear so far that the h pylori infection has affected my ability to absorb nutrients. My b12 is good ans ferritin with supplements is 50.
I am goif to see a nutiritonal dr next week. He is going to do lots of tests. He said i am on my way to hashimotos with my peroxodase results. But wudnt get any treatment because eveything else is in range. Was nt going to see me only i said i am depressed about my hair.
So off for nutritional tests.

My hair meanwhile is the strength of a web. Each strand old and new so weak and fine.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

I never look in mirror. Hair tied back always. I avoid being around people. Nutritional dr took blood to test tsh antibodies t4 t3 ferritin b12 fbc and copper. Get tesults in 3 weeks. Says my antibodies are destroyin my thyroid. Says i should get treatmemt. Said didnt thibk stomach h pylori or stress triggered it. Testin copper because hair analysis i did privatel showed very low levels. Said he doesnt trust hair tests. Sent blood off to usa for testing of copper. Said he has never seen copper levels so low. Would make you very sick. I just want my hair back. Copper deficiency in goats causes hair loss and change in hair colour. Sadder than i have ever been n my life. I dont want my life.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

No change still falling wverywhere. Slow hair growth thats thinner than ever everywhere. Eyebrows still flaking. Lanugo hair on face pretty much all gone. Everything i read about lanugi says you have to be severely malnourished. I have been eating really healthy and reg since may 16 im surprised i am still here. I dont want to live this life.