Hair loss an ongoing problem

Discussions about the diffuse thinning experienced by women, usually after menopause
sadhair

Re: Hair loss an ongoing problem

Post by sadhair »

do you know anything about white blood cells? wondering what the results for it mean. all within the range given. but lymphocytes and moncytes are at the higher end of the range. wcc 4.01, neutrophils 47.8, lymphocytes 39.7 monocytes 9.5 eosinophils 2.00, basophils 1.000. rbc details have all improved and are startif to fall into the middle of all the ranges. hormones are fine. ferritin is improved.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

had to go back to the dr. the receptionist told me all results were fine. was only when i asked for a copy and checked them that i realised the full tests were not conpleted. the nurse didnt do all the hormone tests. i have had very bad hair loss days today has been especially bad. its 4pm and i have had close to 100 fall out already. it isnt improving. the ferritin level by my calculations will have been at 40 for 2 months. shedding isnt slowing. ferritin should be very close to 70 now and there is no regrowth.

hair continues to just fall out even when i am not touching it. the hair on my body and arms, had started to speed up again slowly (took less days to grow to a certain length) but it now appears to have reverted back to slow regrowth , im not going to shave to see how long it grows because i think it is stopping growing after it gets to a certain length or it is just really slow.

the condition of my hair in my head isnt good. the colour isnt good the strength if strands isnt good.

there is an imbalance in my body. it dont think it is iron related anymore now. i would have thought with a ferritin of 62, leg hair and underarm hair would have at least got back to normal. eyebrows are continuing to thin every time they are touhed hair falls out.

i see no regrowth at all.

i am depressed for more than a year i have lived with this and i can see no positive signs that i am getting or will get better. i am barely able to concentrate on anything anymore. i am surprised i am still in work.

what factors cause diffuse hair shedding of body hair from every part of the body. From my severe stress episode last january i have been shedding hair now 16 months. i have lost about 70 percent of hair on my head. it is noticable now to everyone.

the condition of my hair tells me that more hair will shed. my metabolism appears to have slowed down and stopped. hair growing slow and not growing at all.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Would a tsh level of 2.13 and ft4 of 16.3 cause hairloss? Tsh has gone up 0.6 since Jan.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

On day 14 of 32 day cycle what the following progesterone and oestradiol levels like. Progesterone: 0.4 nmoll oestradiol 586 pmol l. Is this estrogen dominant? Would this be the cause of the hair loss that is still going on? 3 drs have said the hormone levels are fine. That's all they tell you they don't explain anything. Hair condition weak thin dry definite less than half hair in head. Because it was so thick before hand they don't think it looks bad or there is hairloss. But there is. I think They think its not a medical problem it is. Shocking how much little interest they show. They don't care aren't interested in finding a solution. No regrowth at all.its been a year since I noticed the big shed.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Ive just discovered an illness called subacute thyroiditis. This sounds like what i had with that flu in Feb last year that i had. It was all centred around my throat. I couldnt swallow anything it was that sore couldnt turn my head sideways or i would feel pain. It was sore to touch and swollen. Thats why i couldnt eat and lost the weight. I was hoarse for 2 weeks from it. Worst flu i ever had. Going to book an appt with dr next week to discuss whether this could be the cause.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Got all hormone results. Dr says all fine. Estrogen and progesterone levels. Ovulating okay. Mentioned sub acute. Dont think she fully understands. I have been between 2 drs. And when i said that i had a bad flu her response was it takes 6 months for your hormones to readjust after something like weightloss. I think she thinks the flu was feb past not the year beforet. Clearly not looking at my notes on her computer clearly. Was talking to her on the phone. She said tsh iron everything is fine. She said with sub acute i would have needed treatment to fix it. Going to wait another month see what happens. And arrange another appt then, ferritin will have been at 70 for two months then. Prob at 50 for 3 months by then. dont care if they think i am wasting their time. I wanr this resolved. A friend who had her child in october has had hair loss. She has lots od regrowth sticking up. I have been loosing hair 5 months before her and i dont have that kind of regrowth. Not anywhere near it. I am loosing some of the regrowth. Body hair slowing down again. Arm hair even less than before.eyebrows still shedding.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Hair still falling out. Body hair growth still slow and stops after it reaches a couple of mm...i am noticing very thin very thin regrowth on scalp not terminal growth. More of this type of growth than terminal arm hair hasnt grown back. Length between 1 cm to 2 cm some 3 cm. I am not sure if this is recovery or if this is a bad sign and is minitiurisation. Hair condition still awful. I am still heart broken with every hair that falls and lack of notciable healthy regrowth. This hair loss wastes your life. You can not enjoy it with the worry it causes. Very upsetting knowing something is wrong with you month after month and no dr can help and there appears to be no solution. My eyebrows and eyelashes are thinner than ever hair hasnt regrown. Falls out alright but it isnt regrowing
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

I think i have reached the stage of giving up. I dont know what my body is doing and nor do the drs. What is the point. I am going to go balder and my hair is going to be more and more diffuse and there is nothing i can do to stop it. Every day now people notice it. Alot of people are starting to avoid looking at it. My hair loss isnt the kind of regrowing one. No emoji can express my loss.
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Tom what causes all the hairs in you head to thin. All of my hair is thinner than it was in January 2016. There is no strength to any of it. The follicles arent thick like they used to be. 1 or 2 regrown hairs are the thickness it used to be. But alot is thinner. Thats what is making the hair fly away dry and tangle it is thin hair strands with no strength. Would the sudden weightloss have done this. If it was fhpl does it all thin/change so rapidly. My hair was perfect at the start of jan never tangles had weight wasnt dry then feb onwards everything changed. Ive been that distracted with the shedding i havent been asking this question enough. Would the sudden starvation and really low ferritin have doen this affected the hormones to cause this. Started using regaine. Gave in started on the 2nd. Hair looks awful. Awful awful. People are commenting more and more on it. Drs still arent listening. I have another appt with derm in July. Last time i was with her in feb she said the rest of hair was in healthy condition. She didnt know what shes talking about. I am sick of drs and derms not listening to symptoms and the changes of your gair and its condition. I think they look at me see someone not bald and send me on my way sayin you should be thankful. This is the most heartbreaking thing to go through its the fact there is no ending no improvement and no possible solution offered. Your hair is sick and we have no cure
sadhair

Post by sadhair »

Still no change. Ferritin must be at or over 70 for 2 months. Body hair and head hair sparse and growth stunted/stopped. Dr refusing to do full thyroid says everything is fine. Did a cortisol test (i didnt ask for this) said it is fine. Periods lasting 2 days. 1 heavy day 1 light day. Hair condition - falls out all the time. Even when not touched. No growth. Hair is thinner i reckon all miniturised most of the hair. Eyebrows falling out thinner. Eyelashes as well. Hairs on fingers the lot. The terminal hair on the arms sparse. The vellus hair on the arms are reducing to. There was alot of it i thought it was because of the sudden weight loss the terninal hair decreased and the vellus hair increased. Tired of it all. Why did i not get an illness that they could diagnose and do something about. Life isnt good.