A week shy of 9 months, pics

Discussions about the most common form of male hair loss - androgenetic alopecia
daveyreh

A week shy of 9 months, pics

Post by daveyreh »

What do you guys think? Growing a beard; wondering if these facial and scalp exercises beget darker and thicker beards too? Its about 6 weeks of growth. And about 4 months since my last haircut. The hair at the very center front of my hairline is growing at an outrageous pace; my thinking says that these follicles are healthier than the surrounding. The crown is a problem area still---feathery hair here, some terminals there. At least not slick bald.

Sorry if the pictures look sideways; I will try to edit in here.
Attachments
Dave 1.jpg
Dave 1.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 12025 times
Dave 3.jpg
Dave 3.jpg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 12025 times
Dave 2.jpg
Dave 2.jpg (37.55 KiB) Viewed 12025 times
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Re: A week shy of 9 months, pics

Post by Tom Hagerty »

I straightened out your photos and made them a little smaller. You have strong hair except in the crown area. That might be the hardest place to fill in because it's over the galea where there is little capillary density in that flattened out tendon. But don't give up on this. Do the scalp exercise the right way and do it often. I've seen young people like yourself who have had success with regaining hair in the crown area. I've also seen people who have not had this success. If I were you, I'd continue doing what you are doing. You have nothing to lose if you stay with the program.
daveyreh

Re: A week shy of 9 months, pics

Post by daveyreh »

Yea, I also have to take into account that I stopped using pan-scalp rogaine after nearly 2 years this past september or october. It has been a lengthy shed. Top of head is a mix of intermediate, terminal and vellus hairs. Sides are terminal hairs that seem to get better and better with ease. I comb out crown hairs that are thin and nearly colorless daily. Hopefully there are more pigmented hairs coming in.