My story.

Discussions about the most common form of male hair loss - androgenetic alopecia
Jimbob

Re: My story.

Post by Jimbob » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:04 am

So update. After about 2 months of giving up soda and trying a healthier diet along with suppliments, and I feel pretty good. But I don't know if my hair is improving. My scalp though certainly feels much more alive that it's been in years.

It feels like there's more little hairs growing in my thin spots, but it could just be my imagination. Likewise one fairly big thin spot doesn't feel thin at all anymore, but again I could be fooling myself. It's hard to do a visual check because for a while I just couldn't bear to look at myself in the mirror up close, so I wasn't keeping track of how it was going. But I did manage to look recently, and while it doesn't look as bad as I remember, again I could just be tricking myself. It's also been growing out more so the healthy spots could just be covering the thin ones.

Still doing the rubbing, and while I'm not sure if it's doing anything, again I feel a reaction in my scalp when I do it more often than not.

daveyreh

Post by daveyreh » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:50 am

Hey jimbob,
When you say an area doesn't "feel" thin anymore, is this coming from a place of visual inspection or because of the more alive feeling in the scalp? Speaking of scalp, have you adopted the SE yet? Thats good that you abandoned coke, I know that can be hard. That was a brutal detox for me.

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:34 pm

By feel, I mean a spot where I could feel my scalp there when I checked it with my hands and was "dipped" lower than the sorounding area I now can't feel the scalp and it's raised higher.

I didn't check visually. Like I said I wouldn't know what to compare it too.

saawan9431

Post by saawan9431 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 am

Thnkx tom for registering me..
It all started during the last year of my highschool(2014). I was just an ordinary guy who went for a haircut in the local barber shop. While trimming my hair he made a remark on my hair density which he said was less than normal. I just ignored and came back home, washed my hair and went to the mirror to have a look.. That moment i realised that i was able to see my scalp, i was horrified after that. My bad days started, every second, every moment i wasnt able to cocentrate on anything be it my studies, career, etc. I asked my parents(they arent bald) some remedies and all they said was to rub my fingernails. RIDICULOUS as it sounds, but in my country(india) everyone believes more in yoga than western science. I dropped the idea of rubbing my nails and went online to find something which can be trustworthy and backed up with science. Finally i stumbled upon tom's site in 2015 but still i was very skeptical. I tried hard to do scalp exercises but to no avail. After reading a lot about hairloss on the internet. In 2016 i again stumbled upon this site and gave the SE another shot.
i can move my scalp like a hairpiece now..
I havent gone bald or something but i have some recession on my temples and i can see my scalp in the sunlight while its wet.
so do you think i can increase my hair density?? And regrow some hair on my temples??
English is not my mother language so i apologise for my gramatical errors.
Attachments
My crown in camera's flash
My crown in camera's flash
IMG_20160720_213614.jpg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 10147 times

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:40 pm

so do you think i can increase my hair density??
I don't know if you'll be able to increase your hair density. Some people who inherit a strong sensitivity to DHT around the hair follicles experience thinning early in life and they are doomed to horrible-looking hair. At least that's the story that one hears over and over again. Maybe this is at least partially true.

But even with all that bad news, I would still recommend doing the scalp exercise and eating nutritious food and staying away from junk food and smoking. I think that a rational program like this will have more of a chance of promoting an increase in hair density than rubbing your nails together. (Sorry about that, Balayam Yoga people.)

I don't think there is anything irrational about the scalp exercise and good nutrition. There are many "scientific" reasons why this program will promote dense, healthy hair. But read some of the Testimonials from people who have actually stayed with the program for a while. And by staying with the program I mean by doing the scalp exercise correctly for many months. By correctly, I mean getting a lot of scalp movement by alternating the contraction of both the frontalis muscle and the occipitalis muscle.

I like your message. Don't worry about your English. It's very good and it expresses your concern about hair loss and your desire to do something rational to correct the problem.

saawan9431

Post by saawan9431 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Thanks tom for the reply. As you said i will try to keep up with the program as long as i can. There's no harm in trying and praying god to make everything fine. Being an optimist is always a better option than just being skeptical..
Yesterday i was watching a hollywood movie named Gummo(1997). According to me it is one of the weirdest and most disturbing movie i have ever watched. The main cast solomon(jacob reynolds) had big recession on his temples even at the age of 13-14. Today(as of 2016) he is completely bald. Sometimes we are really doomed to a fate which we cannot alter. I think jacob reynolds could have saved some of his hairs by doing scalp exercises correctly.
Whats your opinion on this??

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 pm

It's funny you keep mentioning smoking Tom, because of my group of friends, all of whom are early 30s, the one guy that smokes is the only one that doesn't have hairloss to some degree.

saawan9431

Post by saawan9431 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:52 am

I have started reading about brahmacharya. Brahmacharya focuses not only on abstenence but also on controlling lustful feelings. It is usually said that hairloss is a sign of aging which happens due exessive loss of our vital force i.e. semen. It seems reasonable though that maybe stopping lustful feelings can reduce hairloss. I have searched online a lot on this subject. There are many people who say that this is bullshit but there are also a good number of people who support this.
I still do not rely on this because i can see many people who are seeing a lot of girls but still they sport flawless, thick hair. I will try brahmacharya along with the SE, lets see if i could achieve something hairwise in 3 or 4 months.

i study quantum physics a lot, maybe that has to do something with my hairloss :P

Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Post by Tom Hagerty » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 am

It seems reasonable though that maybe stopping lustful feelings can reduce hairloss.
I don't quarrel with anyone's belief system on this forum. If you think it is reasonable that stopping your lustful feelings will reduce your hair loss, that's OK. I just hope you will not feel guilty if you fail at this.
There are many people who say that this is bullshit but there are also a good number of people who support this.
That's a good point. Who do you believe?

Perhaps you should give up quantum physics and take up painting. Painters often have great hair even into advanced age. Physicists are often bald at an early age. It must be all those equations that contribute to the death of their hair follicles.

Take a look at Vincent van Gogh. He had great red hair even though he had a problem with one of his ears. He also had a problem with lustful thoughts. Sometimes you just can't win.
Attachments
Nice hair
Nice hair
van Gogh.png (109.9 KiB) Viewed 10109 times

Jimbob

Post by Jimbob » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:40 pm

I will tell you right now that's BS. As someone who keeps their semen on lock down and has minimal to no lustful thoughts (to the point where I think I might be Asexual) and while my hair loss isn't as horrific or aggressive as some other's, I've still got it.