Amazing case of Hair regrowth

Comments abut vitamins, herbs, incantations - anything helpful to hair

Amazing case of Hair regrowth

Postby Full » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

Hello,

I think this website is one of the best places out there for people affected by hair loss
and I really appreciate Tom for offering a place for discussion and sharing his insights
and experience. Thank you, Tom !
To spread some hope that it is indeed possible to achieve stunning results in hair regrowth
by natural means I want to letyou know that a friend of mine has been able to regrow a really
big bald patch (NW IV-V) on his back completetely with thick heathy new hair.
What he did to achive this was a radical change in his food habits like :

_ strictly avoiding sugar, milk products, white flour and meat.
_ mantainin a strict alkaline diet consisting mainly of raw non processed food (legumes, fruits, nuts) and juices
_ 4 cl/day of fresh barley grass juice (he considers this as an essential ingredient in his personal "success formula")

This, of course, does not mean that everybody following this regimen will achive the same results -
but I think it is great to know from someone who achieved to regrow hair on a large area of his head
it shows that is at least not impossible . . .

My personal opinion that the more ingredients you add to your personal hair regrowth program
the more chances you will have to achieve positive changes. Any comments are welcome.

May it grow on all of you ! "Full"
Full

Re: Amazing case of Hair regrowth

Postby Tom Hagerty » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 am

You said that your friend was able to regrow hair on a previously large bald patch by a radical change in his diet. This is the diet that he attributed his success to:

_ strictly avoiding sugar, milk products, white flour and meat.
_ mantainin a strict alkaline diet consisting mainly of raw non processed food (legumes, fruits, nuts) and juices
_ 4 cl [cl is a centiliter]/day of fresh barley grass juice (he considers this as an essential ingredient in his personal "success formula")

I can understand avoiding milk products if one is lactose intolerant or meat if one is ideologically repelled by the slaughter of animals. There are, however, many important nutrients in milk products (yogurt) and meat (liver) that are important for hair follicle health. Living on legumes, fruits, nuts, and juices sounds great - getting back to nature - but can this diet really produce hair growth? It's a romantic notion I'll have to admit - Robinson Crusoe on a desert island growing hair down to his shoulders. I don't believe a word of it though. Sorry about my hard-boiled skepticism. :evil:

The diet does sound healthy though if one could add some small portion of meat occasionally. Iron is, after all, essential for living cells. A serving of plain yogurt with live and active cultures would not hurt either. These diets recommended by health gurus that exclude meat, dairy, whole wheat are eccentric. They appeal to a certain type of person - the ascetic who practices self-denial as a spiritual discipline. These damn ascetics all seem to have great hair though.
Attachments
Bed of nails.jpg
A good night's sleep
Bed of nails.jpg (8.31 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Postby Full » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Of course the information I gave can be interpreted in many way because it was incomplete.
His strategy was based on rational principles rather than ascetical ideology.
He had done a lot of research to find a way to solve health problems doctors had found no cure for.
The strategy he elaborated for himself in short was : detoxification - revitalization - remineralization.
Hair regrowth was never planned but a more than welcome sideeffect for his dramatically improved state of
health after keeping up his discipline.
One reason of being so strict was just to keep up the discipline and to avoid falling back into old habits.
His success indicates that there could be some connection between nutrition habits and health including hair growth in al least on case.

Some time ago I believed that MPB was completely incurable. The case mentioned showed me that - hey there are indeed exceptions, there are indeed people out there who have got their hair back !! . . . and maybe the results could be even repruducible . . .
Full

Postby Tom Hagerty » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 am

Some time ago I believed that MPB was completely incurable.

Some of the research these days is exciting. Many of the researchers are legitimately optimistic about finding a solution to hair loss problems, even MPB. Take a look at this article on the BBC Health News - Fatty skin cell clue to baldness. The BBC, by the way, is a great resource for anyone interested in the latest health news.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Postby Full » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:10 am

It looks like MPB cant be ascribed to one single cause but it seems to be a complex interaction of a variety of factors which differ from individual to individual.
That makes is so difficult to find a solution and the case I presented may have been a rare exception ... what worked for one maybe useless for another ...
... and reported cases of siginificant regrowth in males aged over 35 by "natural means" are almost inexistent.
Conclusion : The only 100% solution is a transplant - if one wants to take the "natural" route he must experiment, be very perseverant - and lucky :P
Full

Postby Odin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:46 am

Hi, when I read this post I was
Startled by how incredibly similar it is to the advice I was given.

I firmly believe that a healthy diet would regrow bald areas as well as fix ALOT of other problems that the body has.
I have my reasons for this that I will Not go into great detail here about but let me say that it stems from the advice given to me by a friend of my grandmother's who knows a staggering amount about the human body.

I'd like to recommend a book called "Eat to Live" by Dr Joel Furhman.

It cites ALOT of medical studies on nutrition and points out the gross nutritional indaequacies in the average diet. Tom, u will probably hate it because it essentially preaches not to eat any animal products. But I'm not saying you should follow the book's advice. Just read it and make your own informed decision. The information in there is quite amazing. He actually goes so far as to say cancer is probably caused by the body having gross nutrient deficiencies over a time. While you may still be genetically predisposed to it.

Anyway, I thoroughly believe that an immaculate diet is the key to hair regrowth. And obviously so do you Tom as you recommend it too.
Odin

Postby Tom Hagerty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 am

I just ordered Eat To Live by Joel Furhman. There are as of this morning 738 customer reviews of this book on Amazon.com - almost all give the book a five-star rating. I'm always a little suspicious about the mentality of those nutrition gurus who want you to eliminate certain categories of food from your diet. Some like Dr. Joseph Mercola want you to stop eating bread, even whole grain bread, dairy products like milk. He used to urge a no meat diet; now he says a little meat is good. And of course some gurus tell you not to eat any fat which might clog up your arteries. I hope Joel Furhman is not a food fadist telling me to give up the little bit of meat I eat and enjoy each week.

Read The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson. I think this book makes great suggestions for a healthy diet. You might want to looks at Mark's website - Mark's Daily Apple - for some ideas about going primal. The man is an excellent writer but I wish I could have edited his book. I would have cut his 325 pages down to about 175 or 200. There is a lot of redundancy (fat) in the book and also a segment that pushes his overpriced vitamin pills.

Do you take vitamin pills? I take a few like Dr. Weil's vitamin E complex, Red Krill Oil, and vitamin D, 2000 IU. These are all plastic-coated pills. I have friends who take a dozen plastic-coated vitamin pills each day. Go to Google and type "plastic-coated vitamin pills" into the search box. You'll find some amazing articles. Perhaps all this plastic I'm consuming is loaded with phthalates and other toxic material. Give me your ideas. I'm seriously thinking of giving up all plastic-coated pills before I become a toxic waste site.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Postby Odin » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 am

Personally, I don't really take any vitamins.

I take brewers yeast every day (unless I forget) i used to take fish oil to try and combat my crappy skin as well as hair. But my new aversion to animal products made
Me cut this out.

I also take Chia seeds, have you ever heard of them? They are a relatively new discovery from south America, these seeds contain an amazing array of different nutrients packed into them, u just soak them in water and drink them but you can use them to cook with too if u wanted.

Regarding the plastic coated pills, I would no take them, every year they find new noxious properties in an array of different plastics, BPA's are the main bad guys right now and ya my understanding that the plastic coatings are derived from BPA or directly made from It.

I wouldn't swallow plastic just cause it seems bad on instinct, I'm pretty sure there are gellatin (spelling?) alternatives.

I would says the biggest thing I should cutout is alcohol, as a young person I'm a stereotypical binge drinker, doesnt take a genius to know that's not good.....
Odin

Postby Tom Hagerty » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Odin, thanks for the recommendation to read Joel Fuhrman's Eat to Live. First of all, I like his style. He treats us like we are intelligent human beings capable of understanding the principles of nutrition. He says, "I have found that a comprehensive education in the subject is necessary for my patients to achieve the results they are looking for - but once they understand the concepts, they 'own' them.

Many people who are trying to get their hair in good condition might read a page or two of my website and then do the scalp exercise for a month or two and then complain they had no results. Dr. Fuhrman is right - in order to have success in almost anything you have to be willing to do some study and research. Reading a few pages of his book or even my website is not getting a "comprehensive education."

He says something else too - Don't just "give it a try." He says you have to make a commitment to eat nutritious foods and to stay away from empty calorie foods. Making a commitment is the same for doing the scalp exercise. Many people write emails to me saying that the scalp exercise sounds like a good idea and they they'll give it a try for a few months. The person with the attitude of "giving it a try" is already a loser.

So far I've read only Mehmet Oz's foreword, the Introduction, and Chapter 1, but I'm excited about this book and will read the whole thing. Thanks again for recommending it.
Tom Hagerty
Site Admin

Postby Odin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 am

No worries,
I was interested in nutrition before this book and it got
Me even more enthralled with the subject after reading.

There are massive communities of people who have claimed to have cured a wide variety of diseases with nutrition, cancer being the biggest among them. I plan to look into that next. Did deeper.
Next to cancer, hairloss is a head cold.
Odin

Next

Return to Alternative Treatments