Wella's Maxximum Tonic Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Wella's Maxximum Tonic « Previous Next »

markkup
Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm sorry, if I posted this to wrong forum, but what would you think about this hairloss product:

http://www.wella.co.uk/pages/Home-ForHairdressers-Products-SystemProfessional-Pr oducts-JustMen-Tonic-MaxximumTonic

"The patented formula with caffeine, biotin and lauric acid stimulates the blood circulation of the scalp. Clinical tests prove that hair loss is reduced by 38% after 90 days of regular use"

Can this be true or is this just another snake-oil?

Secondly, I've heard bad things about Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. What common it has with lauric acid what this product contains? Can lauric acid be even harmful to your hair?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Markkup:

Lauric acid is derived from coconut oil. It's not a dangerous ingredient. Sodium lauryl sulfate is not dangerous either. It's a cheap cleaning ingredient in shampoos. It sometime irritates sensitive scalps.

But to your question - "is this just another snake-oil?" I can't answer that, but if you've read through the pages of my website, I hope you've gained some sophistication about product claims.

Here's what this product claims: "In hereditary cases, it is proven that hair loss is reduced by 38% after only 90 days of regular use."

Woddy Allen could do a nice comedy sketch with this. I love the way these marketeers come up with their percentages. One hair-loss product claims a 96.5 percent chance of success in three months. Why didn't the company just go all out and claim a hundred percent chance of success. It's so easy to make claims.

"The scalp exercise has a 34.7 percent chance of success in 43 days." I may start to play this game too just to entertain the visitors to my site.

markkup
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Tom! It's always good read your excellent articles and posts.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.