What kind of success have people seen... Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » What kind of success have people seen with Nizoral? « Previous Next »

Lan
Username: Lan

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2007 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I recently went down to my local pharmacy to pick up some nizoral 2%. To be honest, I was suprised at the fact it did not require a prescription. I have a very mild itch on my scalp, and a bit oil. The oil is more present on my scalp than my hair. I thought, considering all the praise this product has had, it might help promote a healthy scalp. I'm just wondering if the following is true.

1.Is it really an anti-androgen?

2.Does it reduce sebum production?

3.Does it increase hair thickness?

The only study that I have heard of was the one performed by mcniel, the makers of the stuff. I want to know what everyones experience is with this stuff. Thanks!

John B. James
Username: Braveheart

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hey lan, i've been using it for about a month now. i think it really does a good job of getting rid of the dandruff and itch. i believe it is anti-androgen but i don't know how much of an effect it will have as one considering its on ur head for around 4 minutes. it doesn't reduce sebum production but eliminates sebum already present and i doubt it increases hair thickness.

the thing is it is good in order to stabilize your hair on the outside and eliminate inflammation but in my opinion until you match that with something on the inside i.e. scalp exercise, nutrition, etc. it will only have a temporary effect.

you can search more studies on it by using its scientific name ketconazole and search websites like PubMed or just google it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.