Ginesis? (and non-lathering shampoos)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Ginesis? (and non-lathering shampoos) « Previous Next »

E
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello there. I've been looking online for user reviews of Ginesis shampoo and I've only found 2. There was 1 from a disgruntled customer who said it made her hair worse, and then there was a rebuttal from someone claiming it's an excellent shampoo. In any case, here's a link to the shampoo page at the main site:
http://www.ginesis.com/p-gns.html

I've been looking for something without any of the lauryl sulfates. Ideally I've been thinking it would be nice to get a gel to wash my hair with... something like Icy Hot, except for hair... it would just massage into your hair and then rinse out without no lather... and would leave your scalp feeling tingly and fresh, but I'm not sure if anyone actually makes a lather-free product like that.

I know this is a kind of broad post, but if anyone has any info on Ginesis or on shampoos similar to the description I've provided, please share. Thanks.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

E:

I'd like to find the perfect shampoo, preferably one without lauryl sulfate - that's the stuff that gives lather to the shampoo. That phrase natural ingredients has appeal too, but natural ingredients, even though it's a great marketing slogan, are not necessarily as good as chemical formulations.

Is this the negative review you mentioned?

2/19/2003

"Just wanted to let you ladies know, I tried the ginesis shampoo and condit. It's supposed to be money back guar. Contains all natural ingredients (which it does) but it was horrible on my hair. The shampoo left my hair dry and brittle and the conditioner was worse. After shamp. I conditioned and when my hair dried I had these huge tangles and I struggled to comb out.

"I figured I'll give the 2 another shot and decided to just use the shampoo alone but when hair dried it became brittle so my 3rd wash (I have to wash every 3rd day, oily scalp) I again used both shamp. and condi., and not only was there tangles but huge knots that I now was forced to actually cut so that I could comb through.

"I called the company and even e-mailed them and have never do date received a response. The cost w/s&h for both was $30 - to me that's a lot of money to just have to toss the product. Carrie"

That's not exactly a glowing testimonial.

terri
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Re: Non-lathering shampoos

I haven't tried the product you mentioned. Have you ever gone into a beauty supply store for women and looked at the large varieties of shampoos on the market? They carry many that are not available in drugstores & supermarkets. I found that the "balanced PH" shampoos they carry don't lather. I never checked the ingredients but possibly these dont have lauryl sulfate. Of course, no shampoo lathers well if you have hard city water or well water.

terri

E
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yes Tom... That was the unflattering review I found. Hardly a glowing testimonial. But as the response said, everybody's hair is different and what works for one person could do nothing for the next.

This is gonna sound silly, but this whole kick to find a shampoo that doesn't lather was inspired by toothpaste. I used to get canker sores often enough that i was annoyed by it, so i switched over to rembrandt canker sore prevention toothpaste, which has no SLS in it. It doesn't foam like most name brand toothpastes and it was weird at first. But this weekend I went on vacation without my toothpaste and had to use colgate... and all I could think of as I was brushing my teeth was "this feels completely disgusting." I can't believe I brushed with regular toothpastes for so long. And the way I see it, if my mouth is that much happier without foaming chemicals being used on it all the time, my head probably would be as well. =)

E
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Oh, and by the way, not a single sore in over a year since I switched over to a non-SLS toothpaste. Just goes to show how unhealthy the stuff is...

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've been using the Ginesis Shampoo line for about three years and have seen pretty good results. I like the shampoo better than Nioxin because it doesn't contain any drugs. I purchase the shampoo on line at www.ginesis.com

Greg M.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I use Ginesis and I love it! I have severe chemical sensitivity on my scalp, and it is absolutely the only shampoo that doesn't make my scalp red and feel "sunburned" on a regular basis. One tip on the shampoo...you'll use a lot unless you do it this way. Use a small amount and scrub your hair as best as possible. Then, rinse completely to get rid of the outer layer of dirt and oil and it is very important to REPEAT. When you repeat, you'll notice that the shampoo gently bubbles more and distributes through your hair better. If you don't repeat, you tend to not wash all of the dirt/buildup out of your hair. Other than that minor detail, great stuff! I also noticed that my hair brush, which before looked like it was housing a small cat, has little or no hair in it. It smells great, too (like peppermints), and leaves your scalp feeling tingly and fresh. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.