Hair Follicle Cleansers Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Hair Follicle Cleansers « Previous Next »

Ray
Username: Rayd

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 12:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

From this site and others on the web I have noticed many talk about cleansers to clean the follicles for improved hair quality and possible growth. I just wanted some quick thoughts on these types of products, are they legitimate, do they work, and which are recommended and not recommended? Also are they natural with no side effects?

Thanks everyone.

Tom Hagerty
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3044
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ray:

I don't remember any talk about "hair follicle cleansers" on this site. What are they? Give an example of at least one product.

Ray
Username: Rayd

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I heard some home remedy types and Regenix. Not sure if its a cleanser but I heard Nizoral.

Ritchie
Username: Ritchie

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,

This is about your other website. You mention a lot of face shaping exercises. Is it possible to shape the jaw line?

Regards

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3045
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie:

This is a complicated (and interesting) question because there are many things involved.

1. If you are overweight it's almost impossible to shape the jaw line.

2. Bad posture has a devastating effect on the jaw line.

3. Exercise number four on Shape Your Face for the muscles at the front of the neck (the platysma) is excellent for getting a firm jaw line. Do lots of reps - but be careful! You don't want to strain these delicate muscles.

When you watch the talk shows on TV, certain people look impressive. (Even idiots sometimes look impressive.) But people with grossly fat necks look horrible. The TV cameras often make people look more corpulent than they really are.

bumblebee
Username: Bumblebee

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

tom, i'm intrigued about the effect of bad posture on the jaw line...i've never heard this. could you explain?

Brick_top
Username: Brick_top

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

My guess would be because if you don't have good posture, you don't hold your head up- this would lead you to not use the muscles in the front of your neck- leading to a negative effect on the jawline. Let's wait for Tom with the facts though, I'm just throwing change around.

Kiel J P
Username: Kiel_j_p

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ahhhh... finally someone cares about the jawline!! The male jaw is sooo important and often overlooked. Has anyone ever notice that the majority of men who look great bald have extremely chisled jaws?

Anyway I began looking online 3 years ago to find out about exercising the face to improve my jaw and found this site. Tom explained to me how to work the muscles in your jaw by holding your tounge to the roof of your mouth and looking down. This exercise helps tremendously. I also do and exercise and stick out my bottom jaw as far as possible and bite down on something that will prevent griding of teeth and hold this until it burns. My jaw at this point is quite a deal more chisled then it had been 4 years ago. Also weight loss will quickly eat up the fate surrounding your neck... but weight loss also seemes to make hair shed quickly : (

bumblebee

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i've realised, also, that the jaw is important, and you're correct - very much overlooked.
i, myself, have a pretty firm jaw, and i shaved my head completely a few months back, for the first time ever. due largely to my jaw and the shape of my head, i don't look as bad as most white guys do. still, it's something i'd like to avoid. for one thing, i looked like a neo nazi...

Brick_top

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Bumblebee:

I agree with you man; I really don't want to shave my head. I think that for whatever reason you look a bit meaner with a shaved head.

Kiel J P

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

lol that is very true... neo nazi is not really in anymore that was more exceptable back in the 1940's. another thing i noticed is men with larger foreheads look retarded with a shaved head. I have a pretty large head so I'm pretty sure if I was to shave it I'd look like an alien.

Brick_top

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Haha.. Yeah, it's never easy for a guy with a big/ oddly shaped head.

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3051
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Kiel JP wrote, "The male jaw is sooo important and often overlooked." The jaw line is a key component of facial presence, and facial presence is often synonymous, especially in younger people, with self-identity - the sense of who you are. Our faces also define us to the world.

Bumblebee said he is "...intrigued about the effect of bad posture on the jaw line."

Often when you see people with bad posture you notice that the angle of the head and the neck looks wrong. The position of the head relative to the neck almost wipes out the jaw line. You will also notice in men and women with bad posture something that's called platysmal rings. These are horizontal lines in the skin that go all around the neck. These begin to appear in the late thirties and early forties in people who have characteristically bad posture and are overweight.

But there's also a thing called facial posture. Some people are always holding their faces in convoluted expressions, and these expressions become etched in the face. These people are often amazed when they see themselves on TV.

By the way, as you get older and perhaps try to lose weight, it takes a lot of time for the skin to shrink down to the size of your new body. In fact, sometimes the skin, especially of the face and neck does not shrink down at all.

It might be an excellent resolution for 2007 to keep a good posture and to not let yourself get fat.

Kiel J P

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good advice Tom. I swear Tom you must have been an actor at one point in your life. The secrecy kills me.

Another thing someone desperate enough could do is get a jaw augmentation and lypo the fat from their neck... but this would prob make u look like Mike Jacksons cousin

Ritchie

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,

What effect would "Biting" exercises have on the jaw? Would enlarging the Masseter muscles pull the skin tight over the jaw?

Ritchie

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Also,

If one was to somehow build the Depressor Angulis Oris muscles, would it affect the overall prominence of the jawline?

Thanks

bumblebee

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks for that, tom

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3059
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie:

It's really hard if not impossible to "develop" the muscles of the face. You're not going to make any facial muscle much bigger. But you can tone the facial muscles up and keep them toned up with proper facial exercises.

I don't think prominent masseter (jaw) muscles would tighten the skin over the jaw. Skin in younger people quickly accommodates the muscle bulk and fat deposits of the face.

But here's something to think about. When you gain and then lose weight, the skin of the face might not shrink down again as you get older. The skin of the body often does though.

The depressor anguli oris depresses the angle of the mouth :-(. Since most of the muscles of the face are connected to one another, I don't think it makes much sense to try to work one facial muscle separately.

Kiel J P

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I try to work my jaw with every exercise I can think of.

On another note... what ever happened to JPJ?? I miss his wisdom and weekly updates on hair cloning news.

ALSO... you know what I haven't had in awhile??? Big League Chew... I wonder if they still sell it.

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3061
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

jpj wrote me a few emails saying that he's on vacation from the hair loss forums for awhile. Burnout perhaps. I'll miss him.

Kiel J P

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

wow that is some pretty horrible news. He was 70% of the reason I even checked hairloss forums daily. His insite always gave me quite a bit of hope. Hopefully he changes his mind and returns soon. Good guy.... good guy.

Ritchie

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,

Thanks for the information. Why is it that some body builders have a jutting out jaw - ala Arnie? Is it a deliberate attempt to achieve a muscular look on the face?

I see why its important to keep fat levels down when approaching middle age

Brick_top

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie:

I believe that the square, chisled jaw that your thinking of is a product of testosterone. This is why you never really see woman with chisled jawlines like you mentioned.

bumblebee

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

yeah, i attribute it to testosterone

Kiel J P

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2007 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I found big league chew finally after months of looking at a convienance store by my house. They have all sorts of flavors now and you can look like a baseball star without the consequences of chewing real tobacco.... sorta makes ya feel like a bad ass without the bad. i've been chewing for an hour now and so far it has done nothing for my hair.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.