Thoughts on "Besan" Flour Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Thoughts on "Besan" Flour « Previous Next »

Ray
Username: Rayd

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I read that shampoos can be damaging to hair. Someone posted a comment on the use of Besan flour for your hair. Any thoughts on this.

Tom Hagerty
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3020
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ray:

Here's what Rewaj says about besan flour:
It's a shampoo, face scrub and hair remover powdered into one. There is more to besan or gram flour besides making great pakoras.

Though besan has been primarily used in the kitchen, it has other uses too. Gram flour or besan is considered safe enough to be used on an infant's head during their first head bath.

For healthy hair (all types)
Mix a cup of curd, two teaspoons of besan, an egg white and the juice of half a lemon. If you have very dry hair, substitute the egg white with a teaspoon of olive oil.

I never heard of the stuff before this. Thanks

Gautam P
Username: Gautam

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 29, 2006 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I agree with the above message. Since ages this paste has been used in India as a natural shampoo.

I had like to add only one point here. Unless you have dandruff, avoid lemon as it becomes acidic with lemon in it.

G

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.