Nisim shampoo??? Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Nisim shampoo??? « Previous Next »

Colm F
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,
I see on one of the recommended link sites that the manufacturers of NISIM shampoo seem to claim that it is guaranteed to stop excessive hair loss. This sounds like a bold claim at best so i was wondering if you ( or any other users) has any experience of this stuff.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Colm F:

The FDA does not require cosmetics companies (shampoo is considered a cosmetic) and supplement companies to prove their claims. These companies can say almost anything they want about their products as long as the ingredients list is correct. But they can even get around the ingredients list requirement by giving fancy Latin names for the ingredients. I'm looking at a shampoo now that lists the top ingredient water as aqua pura.

" NISIM shampoo seem to claim that it is guaranteed to stop excessive hair loss."

Seems is the operative word here. I'm sure the Nisim lawyers looked at the sentences in their advertising copy carefully. Believe me, there is no explicit guarantee that this shampoo will stop excessive hair loss. Try to pin down the definition of excessive. It would be like Clinton defining is.

All this does not mean that Nisim is a poor shampoo. I've not used it but I've heard reports that it is a fine shampoo. No shampoo, though, "stops excessive hair loss."

But let's look at specifics. This is from the Nisim website:

"Nisim International a Canadian Company which has developed many innovative and successful products such as Kalo a hair inhibitor to prevent unwanted body hair from growing back, and Milagro a nail strengthener as well F.A.S.T. Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy for the fastest growing hair possible. Nisim has created a product that has been clinically proven to control excessive hair loss and regrow hair. Nisim's products are sold around the world with distributors in more than 30 countries."

1. Canadian cosmetics and supplement companies were not even required to put the ingredients on their labels till last year. Some Canadian hair loss companies are still selling "electric pulse helmets" to gullable Americans that are of course guaranteed to grow hair.

2. You will notice the phrase "clinically proven" in the advertising copy for Nisim. This is an absolutely meaningless phrase - advertising jargon.

3. You will see the word natural sprinkled throughout the Nisim site. OK, some shampoos list dozens of botanicals in the ingredients, but these "natural" ingredients make up a very small percent of the product. It's the unnatural chemicals that clean the hair.

Colm F
Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yeah, well, i thought it sounded like a load of **** to be honest, but i'm always on the lookout for a decent shampoo. I was using the Mill Creek H24 products but they don't really clear the dandruff i'm suffering from so i'm on the hunt for a new one.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.