Selsun blue shampooo Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Hair Cosmetics » Selsun blue shampooo « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi. I was wondering what the benfits of using Nizoral are compared to another product such as Selsun Blue? I have heard of the latter and that it works fairly well on dandruff, but I am not sure if it is really damaging.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

My advice is to use all shampoos sparingly, and this includes Nizoral. Read the directions for use carefully for this product.

I've read mixed reviews on Selsun Blue. The active ingredient in this antidandruff shampoo is selenium sulfide. It has been shown to be effective in the treatment of dandruff and even seborrheic dermatitis - but it is drying for the hair and scalp. If you use it, don't let it get in your eyes while you're rinsing. The stuff burns.

Bobo
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 06:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I had dandruff pretty badly about 5-6 months ago. Since December I started shampooing only once a week... It's been kick ass ever since... I remember that Head and Shoulders used to dry the crap out of my scalp... These dandruff shampoos didn't cut it for me... I just took Tom's advice of washing hair at most twice a week with shampoo and it worked for me flawlessly might I add.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 08:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Bobo:

Another good idea I think is to "pre-rinse" your hair before you shampoo. Stand under a shower a minute or two before you apply a small amount of shampoo. And don't massage the shampoo into the scalp. Just run your fingers back over your hair as the shampoo dislodges the dirt and emulsifies the oils. You need only 30 seconds of this. Now completely rinse, even overrinse, the shampoo from your scalp and hair.

You need only one application of the shampoo and you need to follow this ritual only once or twice a week. Overshampooing often stimulates the sebaceous glands adjacent to each hair follicle, and may even promote dandruff formation.

TOMAS HAGERTY
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

So are you saying to leave shampoo in your hair for no longer than 30 seconds?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tomas Hagerty:

Where did you come up with a name like this?

Some people think that 5 minutes of shampooing will cleanse off all the dirt and debris from the scalp. This is overkill. Many hair experts like Paula Begoun think that 30 seconds is sufficient for removing dirt from the scalp and hair. These experts also think that one application of the shampoo is enough.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.