Onion juice Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Alternative Treatments » Onion juice « Previous Next »

Ken
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Today I met a friend of mine who's been loosing hair for at least twenty years. And I was totally shocked and surprised to see that she had so many new and healthy hair. This was so obvious her hair looked totally different. She told me that she's been using onion juice on her hair twice a week. And she said it really did wonders for her. Just wanted to share this with you and maybe this could help some of you. I'm gonna try this too. She said it took her at least 4 months to see some changes. Good luck.

Matt
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

No comment.

Michelle C.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ken,

Tell us more about the onion juice. Why was your friend losing her hair in the first place? How did she get onion juice? Blender? Please post more details.

PKA
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Alfred Vogel, renowned swiss naturapath, and founder of the respected Swiss herbal remedy company Bioforce, recommended the use of onion on the scalp for hair loss.

This is the first time I have heard it mentioned since reading about it in his book (and dismissing it as ridiculous!).

I would love to be proved wrong. Can you let us know some more about your friend's problem and how she used the treatment?

Thanks

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

The onion cure sounds ridiculous, but many years ago so did the idea of a round Earth. Why not just eat steamed onions? Onions are a good source of sulfur - an important mineral for hair health.

Ken
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hi, I just talked to my friend and here's what I found out. She said she started loosing hair when she was around fourty, (now she'67). She was told by the doctors that she had female pattern baldness. She tried different things and ended up wearing a wig for many many years. But wearing a wig made the rest of her hair even worse so finally she had to take it off. She has been using Rogaine for many years but that only helped her a little and never really solved her problem. She kept loosing hair and it was very thin. Now it's been 7 months since she started using onion juice.(She is still using Rogaine) And she says it has been a miracle cure for her. And I could see that myself. The minute I saw her I could not stop wandering what is so different about her hair. Than she told me the whole onion juice story. She showed me a bunch of new hair that were never there. And what surprised me that all these new hair were very strong and healthy and there were so many of them. And they all were at least an inch and a half long. Now nobody could say that she has any hair problems. I hope you guys are not starting to think that I am exaggarating here. Cause i read what I wrote here and it's sounds like it's just too good to be true. I think it would be a big mistake not to try this. Ok now here is what she does. (Sorry it's a little hard for me to explain this in English but I'll do my best). She uses a blender to get juice. Than she puts onion juice on the effected areas with the pipette. She thinks that than it is very important to massage your scalp. She doesn't really know how long. I think we have to figure this out ourselves. After that she puts a plastic hat or a bag on her head and leaves it for twenty minutes. Than she washes the hair. She does that twice a week but the doctor who told her to use onion juice said that it would be better to use it three times a week. As I said before she didn't notice any changes for 4 months. I hope at least some of you will try this and let us know how it works for you. I'm starting this today. Best of luck.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ken:

Not that this matters, but I'd like to know what country you and the woman who uses onion juice live in. You said that it is hard to explain the onion cure in English. You did a good job though.

It's not easy for me to believe that a woman 67 years old could make such extraordinary gains with any treatment. Please get back to us in a few months and tell us how your hair is responding.

PKA
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've just found an article citing a study which seems to suggest that there IS something in this!!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1 2126069&dopt=Abstract

The only problem is that it comes from Baghdad Teaching Hopsital so it might well be 'sexed up'!

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Do not forget the massaging to. Which in alot of ways similar to the sc's. This may play some role in her regrowth.

I'm allergic to onions. The thought makes me ill. I wonder what would happen if I did try it. Probably passout and hit my head on the side of the tub knocking out a few more hairs.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I also wanted to add the Maderma has onion something or other in it as well. I only know this beacuse i used before it came out on the market. I don't heal right in some places...

I was worried I would have some reaction considering the allergy. It made some difference. Thanks.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Did she make fresh onion juice for each application? Or did she make a batch and store it in the refrigerator for multiple applications?

Ken
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Sorry for answering you so late. I'm very busy these days. She didn't advice to make onion juice for more than three applications, otherwise she said the smell gets really bad.
Tom wanted to know what country I live in. I'm Norwegian.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Maybe the onions in Norway are more potent then the ones grown in the United States.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hmmmmm.....hi.....half asleep at mo.....but i heard some guys on another hair forum raving about the benefits of using MSM topically mixed with distilled water....one claimed improved overall thickness of hair and, after a year of twice daily applications, improved density and filling in of bald spot, ie, possibly, re-growth.............then the cogs started turning.....hadn`t i heard that MSM was naturally occurring sulphur.......hadn`t Tom said that onions where a good source of sulphur......is there a connection here.......i dunno i`m tooo tired to think anymore about it anymore.....someone else have a try ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.......I`m tired of holy grails.....

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

Onions are a good source of sulphur, a trace mineral important for healthy hair. MSM is a good source too. But why not ingest them instead of smearing them on your scalp? When sulpher is absorbed from the food you eat, it is carried to every cell of the body by the capillaries. It is especially prevalent in keratin, the tough protein of which hair, nails, and skin is composed.

Onions are a good source. So are eggs, broccoli, nuts, legumes, meat, and fish. If your diet is rich in sulphur-containing foods, the cells in your hair follicles will have an adequate supply of this nonmetallic mineral. It is doubtful, though, that the sulphur in an onion rinse will be absorbed through the epidermis and find its way to the hair follicles.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was wondering if anyone has tried onion juice and what their findings are. I know its only been about three and a half months since the original post, but I'm quite curious.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here is a study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1 2126069&dopt=Abstract

PKA
Posted on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I posted the same link in February! (See above). Although there seems to be something in it, you have to bear in mind the fact that it is said that almost any stimulation on the scalp can achieve short term (ie temporary) gains.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 03:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have been using onion juice for about a month and a half and the scalp exercises for about 4 months. No regrowth till now but a little success in stabilization. I dont know if its the onion juice or the SE. Its too early for both as i want to give at least 4-5 months to the onion juice as the above post mentions and ofcourse the SE need a lot more time.
The only positive thing I have noticed is the reduction in scalp pain and itching. I almost have no pain and itching and I give the credit to the SE so definitely I am going to continue that.
Will give an update after sometime.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

what's the update onion juicehead?

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Greetings...i think it works..i am indian by origin. i was told by an arab friend last summer that what bald arabs in the desert used to do centuries ago was to rub onions on their bald heads and this apparently works. i mentioned this to my mom and she said when she was young she had heard of a mythical story abt a young girl who lost all her hair due to some skin condition but got it all back after using onion juice for 3 years. the massaging of the head is very important as it helps in blood flow to the follicles..i think.

but coming back to the onion juice..my hair is slowly receding..i am just 21 and its going already. i have been applying this onion juice for 8 months now..and have noticed lots of small small hairs but they are yet to mature into strong individual ones. i believe they do work..but dont know how long it will take for these hairs to become strong. they also dont help the older hairs stay tho i think. hope this helps. i am sticking to the onion in the hope that my new thin 2 cm hair turns into strong individual hairs!

PKA
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 03:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Lots of 2cm hairs grown 8 months sounds like an amazing result!

HereIam
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Alright, I think I will give this ridiculous onion regime a try. Why? Because I am desperate. I am 25 and have disperse thinning and a receding hairline to the frontal and temples.

I went to the supermarket today and bought a small bag of red onion ($2.99). I extract the juice with my juiceman juicer and managed to get about 1/4 of a cup of onion juice from one decent sized onion. I applied the juice to my scalp while I do Tom's scalp exercise. Left on the juice for 30 minutes and head for the showers.

I will be posting future update of my progress (or lack of) monthly.

--------------
About HereIam
Signs: Disperse thinning. Receding frontal and temporal hairline. Thinning Crown.
Regime:
1) Tom's scalp exercise since 9/1.
2) Onion Juice since 9/30.
3) General multivitamin + misc
4) Biweekly Aloe Vera treatment (also used a hair styling gel)
5) Propecia...Will start probably around 10/10.
--------------

HereIam
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

PKA

I have been following your posts. It is great you share your progress with everyone. I find this site and the posts to be a source of encouragement. How's your fin regime going? If I calculate correctly, you are approaching ~five and half to six months on fin. Are you still shedding? Post your current result pls :-) Also, I am curious to know whether fin have helped you gain any hair near your frontal and temporal hairline? Thanks!

PKA
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Here I am. I'm glad my posts are of positive use to anyone other than myself!

I know reading about the success of others was a great encouragement to me when I first discovered Tom's site.

I think I'm just approaching five months (?) on fin. I've been doing the scalp exercise since December '03.

Fin is definitely growing hair for me. My crown has a new swirl of dark 1" long hairs where there were only one or two dark hairs (the rest of my hair is 5-6" long). It's incredible, there's a long way to go but I feel things are going better than I dared hope for.

I'm not so concerned about frontal hair loss, but I'll keep you posted if I have any developments.

The drugs most definitely do work!

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Okay, so i have been using onion juice for one week now. Here is what I have observed:

1) Right after each 20 minutes application, I noticed lots of flakes (looks like dandraf)on my head. Not really sure if the flake is from the onion juice or my scalp. Seems like there is a VERY mild scalp skin peel (is not as bad as it sounds). P.S. Usually I never have dandraf. This flake thing does go away after you wash your hair.

2) Scalp (not hair) smells kind of foul :-( The smell lingers even after 3 days!!! Washing my hair (shampoo my hair twice) does not reduce the smell.

3) Because of the horrible smelly first experience, I added fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of apple cider vineger to the onion juice. This helps dramatically. The strong smell is reduced by ~ 85% instantly.

4) Other smelly side affects. After about 12 hours the smell is barely noticeable. BUT, when the weather heats up or when I start working out, the smell of onion (on the scalp) becomes quite noticeable. I have to shy away from the cute girl working out next to me at the gym when I started to sweat a little from my scalp.

I think I will stick with this smelly regime for a while before I jump to any conclusion. I will post a 1 month update.

--------------
About HereIam: age 25
Signs: Diffuse thinning. Receding frontal and temporal hairline. Thinning Crown. NW 2.
Regime:
1) Tom's scalp exercise since 9/1.
2) Onion Juice (with Lemon) since 9/30.
3) General multivitamin + 2g MSM + Grape Seed Extract + C2, Mg, Zc, Co complex.
4) Biweekly Aloe Vera treatment (also as hair styling gel)
5) Propecia...Will start probably around 10/10.
--------------

PKA
Posted on Friday, October 08, 2004 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Here I am, I'm amazed you've managed a week by the sound of it!

Propecia sounds like a better idea than this. You can't have worse sexual side effects than a repellent personal odour, surely?

I did try onion juice once... but only ONE application! I know how it gets when you're desperate however....

Believe me, it takes a load off your mind when you get on finasteride. I've just received my second batch yesterday morning. I ran out for a few days so I had 1/2 fincar yesterday and today to make up for the days off (2.5mg per day).

HereIam
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

PKA,
Yep, I managed and will stick with it along with propecia. I will give onion juice treatment 4 months to see if it does anything. I will be starting Propecia tomorrow on 10/10. If my hair improves within 4 months then it is probably Tom's Scalp Exercise and/or Onion juice, since propecia should take longer than 4 months to work.

I am a little scared to start propecia but will start popping this wonder pill tomorrow. I took a whole bunch of pictures of my hair today. Once my treatment start to work in a few months, I will post all my hair pictures on the web for everyone to see.

--------------
About HereIam: age 25
Signs: Diffuse thinning. Receding frontal and temporal hairline. Thinning Crown. NW 2.
Regime:
1) Tom's scalp exercise since 9/1/04.
2) Onion Juice (with Lemon) since 9/30/04.
3) General multivitamin + 2g MSM + Grape Seed Extract + C2, Mg, Zc, Co complex.
4) Biweekly Aloe Vera treatment (also as hair styling gel)
5) Propecia...Will start on 10/10/04.
--------------
Find me at www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/
--------------

PKA
Posted on Saturday, October 09, 2004 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I noticed results in four months. I assure you that fin does work. I wouldn't commit myself to a lifetime of onion smell!

Balding
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am 27 a year female and my hair thinning has dramatically increased since the past 3 years. I used to have thick hair until I reached puberty at about 13 years of age. Since then, my hair started to slowly fall out. At about 18 years of age, i noticed my scalp would get really oily, and it left me with no choice but to wash my hair everyday. At about 23 years I noticed that the thickness of my pony tail was about the size of a dime. Now at 27 years of age, I cancot even wera my hair in a ponytail, beacuse it reveals my bare scalp in varios areas on the top and sides of my head. My mother has extreamly thin hair on the top and sides of her head, so I am positive that I have unfortunately inherited her balding genes. However, unlike my mother, who was born with thin hair and premature body hair, I always maintained a full head of thick hair until 13 years of age, and still continut to have tons of thick body hair all over. I have heard about the onion therapy (I am from India), so I will give it a try before I run to the stores and nuy Rogaine. I have also heard that rubbing a paste of fenugreek seeds on the scalp stimulates hair growth.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anybody had any success with applying onion juice to the scalp ?

Is this worth trying at all ?

Ritchie
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous,

I am from India. There's an ayurvedic cure that recommends onion juice. However it does NOT recommend that for MPB. Maybe it's for female baldness. There are other things written about MPB. Though, you still may have some benefit by using it.

I'm not too sure, but I believe my father who used onion juice, mixed it with something that lessened the odour. Allow me to get back on that in a day.

If you do begin, please go on for 3-5 months, before quitting.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks Ritchie.

I'll certainly give it a try, and look forward to hearing about your father's recipe.

Did he have much success with using onion juice ?

Ritchie
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous,

No I dont think he's used it for that long yet. He maybe around the two month mark. And I'll need to verify whether ayurvedic texts speak of onion juice for MPB. Please allow me until the weekend to go through them. Having a tough tough week.

kevin123
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have suffered from patchy baldness when I was about eleven. I remembered my mom rubbing half cut onion on the affected areas. It did help and I got back the hair I had lost in those patches. Now I am about 24 and my hair is continuously receeding, and thinning in the back of the head as well. I am giving onion juice a second try. I will keep you guys posted on this one.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

While you're on the onion cure I suggest staying in well-ventilated rooms if there are people around.

Ritchie
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous,

If you happen to read this, my father says he didnt mix anything with the onion juice, instead washed with a reetha, amla and shikakai (the english name of one of them is Soap nut)

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 04:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie,

Thanks. Please keep us updated as to your father's progress in the weeks to come, and I'll do likewise.

Noah Providence
Posted on Sunday, July 09, 2006 - 02:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am a 39 year old male. My hair began to thin and recede at the temples when I was about 25. At about 32 I read about the onion juice treatment in an old, old natural remedy book. It absolutely worked for me. New healthy hairs started to come in in about a month. Even at the temples where the hairline had receded slightly the folicles came back into action. I highly recommend it.

I quarter an onion, put it in a blender for a few minutes then sqeeze the juice out through a strainer. I put it in a little bottle with an eye dropper for eazy application. Apply twice a week. The juice keeps for about two weeks, three if you put a few drops of lemon juice in it.

James
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Ken Does it matter which onion you use. Could the onion be from any country. I am living in United Kingdom but when I went to buy onion. The onions were from Denmark. Will that do the job ???????? Some one Please reply and some one who has already tried this let us know about your experience mate!!!!!!!!!

edgard
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I think I will also give this treatment a try...I'm just worried about the smell..I hope that this treatment can work for me....

bumblebee
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

i'm not sure this is such a good idea. seems like a bit of a snakeoil to me, and onion juice is very corrosive to the skin - it may damage the scalp. could be useful for getting rid of scaling, maybe, but otherwise i'd be cautious

i eat onions regularly, and i believe they're very good for you - particularly in killing bacteria in meat. but anyone who cuts onions daily will tell you how damaging the juice is to the skin on your fingers over time.

anony
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

bumblebee,

Onion juice is corrosive? I regularly cut onions, I put them in almost each and every food, but never saw any damage on my skin.they just cause tears thats all. could you verify your statement somehow? any links articles?

Edgard
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I used to handle onions all the time when I ran a pizzeria...I never had any damage to my skin...The only problem was the smell which caused some employees to have to go outside...Their eyes could not handle it when we were cutting onions..I also couldn't get the smell out of my hands for the rest of the day...

bumblebee
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 08:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

hmm, well maybe i'm just more sensitive to it.

i'm only talking about my own observations. though maybe garlic has more to do with it.
no worries, i guess

Ted
Username: Benyted

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm 28 years old and since I was 14 I started to have weeker hair. I've heard about onion&garlic juice for a long time but I've postponed doing it. Since the end of December 2006 I've been putting daily onion juice on my scalp 1 hour before I go to bed and I wash it off in the morning. But I haven't seen much progress. And then I read one of the messages on this discussion where he says that he's been doing it for 8 months and doesn't see strong hair grow only thin thin ones. I wonder if I should mix in garlic juice with the onion juice? I tried doing it but the next day the whole juice oxidizes and it looks so green. Is there a way to keep garlic juice without letting it oxidize?

Below is something that I read and got me started mixing garlic juice with onion juice: "Many preparations are used to treat alopecia, where some of these have an effect sometimes, while others are used as a result of the advice of non-professionals. In certain cases complications and waist of time and money is the end result. The simplest method is to paint the area with an irritant such as tincture iodine; Psoralenes lotion (Meladenin) that may cause irritation and erythema due to increased vascularity of the area. After improvement of irritation, hair may begin to grow. The traditional method of treatment, which is usually free of charge is advised by barbers ( who by the way are usually the first to spot and diagnose alopecia) is to scratch the area by his scalpel and rub it vigorously with one or two lobes of garlic . In spite of the severe irritation, honestly to say that we have been faced by a number of patients who are satisfied with the results of treatment and they had their hair grown again."( www.dermatologyinfo.net)

Tom Hagerty
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3134
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ted:

I think you are indeed "Benyted" in your onion and garlic quest to fight hair loss. At least you won't have to worry about losing girlfriends if your hair starts to thin a bit because they won't be around you in the first place. The women who I know don't like to be around guys who reek of onion and garlic. Of course the women in Romania are probably a hardier breed and can take the aroma. :-)

But of course we all wish you the best of luck in getting and keeping luxuriant hair. And who knows - you might be on to something, and all of us "scientific" guys could be the ones who are benighted.

Ted

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom:
We have here in Romania something that you spray on your hair after you apply garlic or onion that completely neutrilizes the odor of the onion or garlic. Even when I sweat it doesn't smell!

Second many people here in Romania from being bald after using onion and garlic everyday for 6 months have now full head of hair. And this is no joke! I think you should look into it. There is many things that can't be explained scientifly obviously that practically work!

Ritchie
Username: Ritchie

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ted,

So that is that 'something' that you spray?

Ritchie
Username: Ritchie

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, March 02, 2007 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

*What is that something

Ted

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 02:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie,
It's a combination of 1/2 water with 1/2 apple vinegar. And you put it in spray bottle and you spray on your hair after you rinsed the onion juice with water and leave it on for couple of minutes and then you shampoo your hair. You won't smell the onion anymore.

Ritu M
Username: Ritu

Posted on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie,

this is what am trying and the smell is very much less, I started this onion thing before but stopped due to the smell.
I put very little onion juice, and use fresh only(hand grated and squeezed to extract) and apply just on the roots. after half an hour I apply little apple cider and rinse with water then apply tiny bit of shampoo. I haven't told my hubby what am doing and i am using onion juice everyday for the past one week and he doesn't seem to 'smell' anything! :-)
till now my itching and hair fall has reduced will post again hopefully with results!

God bless

John Rich
Username: Designer

Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi,

I read about the onion cure in Dr Vogels book about 3years ago. He also suggested using lanolin. I tried it and starting regrowing hair in the frontal area. I stopped it for a while and forgot about it, until i found a bottle of Dr Vogels onion hair lotion in a health shop. The ingrediants are onion extract, alcohol and aroma(essential oils). It doesn't seem to have too bad a smell. Maybe the essential oils mask it. I will try it and see if it has the same effect as raw onions and let you know. I guess like most things, it will work for some and not for others, depending on what is causing the hairloss.

John

Sachin T
Username: Sachin

Posted on Monday, November 24, 2008 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have been using Onion juice on my hair after I read about this forum 4 months ago.

It has been working wonders, I am able to see clear hair growth in my case.

For the first 2 months of daily application, the hair growth was not very noticeable. But after that the growth became clear. The thin hair like we have on the back of hands started growing and then became strong black ones and replaced the balding parts.

Thanks for the simple and wonderful approach,
All it requires is patience and persistence to yield good results.

Eric B. Roberts
Username: Eric_roberts

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I am very interested in this onion juice "cure." But I'll need to see more scientific studies on this or perhaps just some articles. Can anyone give me some links?

Eric B. Roberts
Username: Eric_roberts

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

http://www.articleset.com/Health_articles_en_Garlic-Onion-For-Hair-Loss-Remedy.h tm

http://botanical.com/site/column_poudhia/139_piyaz.html

http://www.littleindia.com/news/131/ARTICLE/1985/2008-01-09.html They say, "You may have to sleep alone, but at least you'll have hair!"

...here are just 3 articles I read about, but nothing scientific. I think it's a very good thing to try though!

Sirius
Username: Sirius

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm interested in this too and I will be trying it. I read around and it seems this remedy is centuries old and the high sulfur content in the onion is supposed to be really important for hair, nails, etc.

I've tried it 3 times now and I'm pleasantly surprised. The first time it made the whole top of my scalp feel like something good was going on. I've done it 2 times since both with the same results and my scalp has felt really good since I first did it. It also feels a bit looser with much improved circulation.

I know it's not placebo as I can see and feel effects, but I'm not exactly getting my hopes up. Just surprised by what I've seen in only 3 times. Downside is it can be kind of smelly and make your eyes water when you apply it, but nothing comes easy I guess. We'll see what happens.

CARLOS
Username: Polibio

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

for to eliminate the odor of the onion I used garlic tincture before washed the hair, at first I thought that it will increase the problem but the odor disappeared

nik k
Username: Anni

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hi everyone

im new to this and was wondering if any other people r having success with this method. Sachin i was wondering what hair condition u had,if any.its just im not sure if it works 4 all hair loss. ive read on many websites that it works on people with alopecia aretha.how is the use of onions going? ru still continuing to have new hair growth? has any1 with female/male pattern baldness benefitted from this?

CARLOS

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

nik k
I USED THE ONION JUICE IN MANY WAYS, DIRECTLY OTHER TIME MIXED WITH APPLE VINEGAR, I HAVE A PROBLEM OF OILY SCALP AND IT STOPED, BUT ALSO I AM DOING THE SE OF TOM, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION. I RECOMMEND YOU TO TRY BOTH.

CARLOS

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

nik k
I found the next remedie and I've few days doing it:
Rubbing your left and right hand nails with each other is a powerful hair loss solution and causes faster hair growth. It is extremely simple yet very effective. You need to fold both your palms inwards and place the fingernails of both hands against each other. Then with regular swift motions, rub them against each other. There are nerve endings below the nails which are connected to your scalp. This rubbing procedure increases the blood flow to the scalp and helps in strengthening the roots. It not only helps in curbing hair loss, but also leads to regrowth of lost hair in people suffering from baldness or alopecia areata. And if that is not good enough, it also brings back the color naturally thus getting rid of the problem of gray hair.
Good Luck!

nik k
Username: Anni

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

thanks for that carlos. i have heard of the rubbing your nails together remedy before but i am yet to try it. did u notice hair growth as well as a less oily scalp with the onion and may i ask how long u used it for before u noticed any changes? i will perserver with the onion juice. let us know how u get on with this new nail method of urs, it sounds interesting.

CARLOS

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

nik k
I useŽd only for a week, sincerely the problem is the smell, but with the apple cider vinegar it was reduced.

Jeannette
Username: Jeanno

Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello...I am new to this site...I have been using the onion juice for a week now and my hair loss was reduced dramatically....I have tried the apple cider but the smell of the onion is still very strong...I was encouraged to use the onion juice after I have researched it and it is all worse the time and the smell!

Tom Hagerty
Username: Admin

Post Number: 4021
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Jeannette:

I've done some superficial research on the topical application of onion juice too. I don't see any physiological reason why it should work to halt hair loss or promote the growth of new hair. Of course sometimes eccentric approaches do produce results.

It's hard for me to believe that your hair loss was reduced dramatically after one week on this regimen. It usually takes months for hair follicles to respond to any kind of program. Of course I hope the good results continue.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.