Aspartame Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Alternative Treatments » Aspartame « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,
Have you or anyone out there done any research on the effects of aspartame on hair loss? I'm a 43-y-o woman who always had thick hair until I started losing just a little at my temples about three years ago. I didn't think anything of it but realized I had trouble a few months ago when it really started disappearing. Now I have huge bare spots on each temple, and I fear it's only going to grow.
Anyway, I've been on a steroid cream for the past few weeks (that hasn't helped yet that I can see), and I'm trying your exercises.
I'm also tinkering with my diet, which brings me to my question about aspartame. I drank gallons of Diet Coke for years, without apparent effect on the quantity of my hair. But I've read some about building up a toxicity to aspartame. And I dunno if age and perhaps genetic propensity factors into it.
In any case, I'm giving up caffeine and diet drinks, which should be good for my general health at least. But I'm wondering if it might also have some positive (please!!) effects on my hair growth.
So that's a long, loooong way of explaining why I'm asking if you know anything about this.
Thanks for your time.

Pop
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello, I have being doing the exercises for eight months now but sorry to report I have made no progress of any kind. I have the video and have being doing the exercise as you do. One thing I notice is that a short time before hair falls out
the ones that sort of curl at the ends dont grow back. Probably a piece of useless information. Anybody got any insight into this. Im over 50 and
have reasonable head of hair but thinning fast all over. Thanks for all infomation anyway it was worth the try and best wishes. Pop

peter
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Pop,

How long a day did you do it ? Did your scalp become more felxible or change in anyway ?

Peter

Pop
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Peter,
I done the exercise 3 times a day at the very least except when I was on holiday for a week,when I only managed to do it for unregulated periods. I also found myself doing it when I was driving, its a funny exercise you seem to do it whenever you think about it. During the times I do it I could find myself doing it for 20 mins to 30mins a time. I have to say I honestly gave it a good try. Maybe I was not a suitable candidate for it, but i would not let my experience put you off trying. Anything free deserves a chance.I believe the man is sharing his experience in good faith. My scalp always felt flexible from the start. Maybe thats why I have a reasonable of head of hair. Pop

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 02:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Pop:

You gave the scalp exercise a good try for eight months and didn't see any improvement in your hair. Did you see any improvement in the musculature of your upper face? Most people who do the exercise correctly see this in a matter of months. Are you going to quit doing the exercise? Did it seem a complete waste of time to you?

Do you mind if I put your post on my Testimonial page? I want others to know that the scalp exercise does not always bring results. I don't want people to be too optimistic when they start on the scalp exercise program; of course I don't want to discourage them either.

peter
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Pop,

Oh. Guess you cant win them all. I hope you find some more effetcive solution for your problems.

Pop
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,
I cant say that I noticed any change at my upperface but to be fair I have to say I was blessed with thight skin.I have slight bags under my eyes which Ithought would improve. Iwill continue to do the exercise seeing that I have completed 8 months. Maybe Imight still get a result. When you are losing hair over a long period it cant be easy to reverse the process.
The exercise I reckon is a very beneficial aid to all muscels, skin,nerves in and on your face.
I dont have any expertise to back up this statement only I believe in commonsense.
There is no way that I would use any drugs etc to try to improve hair loss. You usually wind up with
a very expensive life sentence and greasy head.Sorry to be so blunt but im am putting it into laymans terms. You can of course put my post in your testimonial. Pop

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Since no one responded to my question, I guess I'll take that as a "no, no idea if aspartame has any effect on hair loss." Good luck!

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

I haven't seen any information about aspartame being harmful to the hair, but I've seen many article on aspartame being harmful to the area under the hair, namely, the brain. Read some of the material on www.holisticmed.com/aspartame. These articles will surprise you.

cometoid
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I've kept up the induction phase of Atkins for several months now with no complaints, but for a week I had some aspartame candy and two diet doas with dinner. I lost a combful of hair and my belly was swollen. I figured it out after reading an article which explained things that caused Atkins to fail. On the very next day of not eating this junk, I felt well again. This, I think, exceeded recommended serving sizes, though.

It seems that the stuff turns to formaldehyde when your body metabolizes it.

I've had no problems with Splenda, and I don't intend to push it! It's sugar with oxygen atoms removed by clorine in such a way that produces dioxin as the main byprocuct. I don't know what solvent they may use to clean off the dioxin, or how much Splenda and solvent is left behind, but dioxin stays in your tissues from each little bit you ingest. Don't let Splenda become another phenfen-type disaster!

Jenifer
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Right, stay away from all the fake sweeteners, bad news...the diet drinks are really a joke, they don't help anyone lose weight.
I use stevia myself (mostly in tea). Sweet and healthy.

cometoid
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yes! Just read that Splenda makes the liver swell, calcifies kidneys, and shrinks the thymus to 40% of it's natural size.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.