GOTU KOLA FOR HAIR LOSS Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Alternative Treatments » GOTU KOLA FOR HAIR LOSS « Previous Next »

KALVIN
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anyone heard of using the herb gotu kola, (centella asiatica), to treat hairloss? I have read on several websites that it has positive effects on the regrowth of lost hair. Has anyone heard the same or has anyone had good results from using the herb.

steven b
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i have taken them for 6 months and they help. i swear. read this

Goto Kola - Recommended for several types of disorders, including male pattern baldness and age related hair loss. Several famous Chinese centenarians, and Taoist "immortals" have sworn by its ability to help them keep not just some, but all their hair well into their 90's and beyond! It is also indicated for memory, anxiety, cognitive enhancement, insomnia, wound healing, edema, circulation, and high blood pressure.

It would be easy to dismiss it as fanciful fiction except for the fact that some studies have produced some intriguing effects.

In one study Gotu Kola was orally administered to some alopecic rats, and over time was shown to, check this out: thicken epidermis and restore thick hair growth, actually speeding it up beyond its original growth rate. Sounds a lot like Viviscal, with the epidermis thickening mechanism of action. Remember epidermis naturally thins with male pattern balding (in the scalp), and overall with aging. What I don't know is how the dosage given the rats would correlate with human consumption.

In another study including rats, Gotu Kola was shown to significantly speed up wound healing by increasing the rate of collagen synthesis, which implies that it may be capable of offsetting, and possibly healing the inflammation around the hair follicle seen in M.P.B. In yet another intriguing, yet unrelated controlled study, a sample of mildly mentally retarded children significantly improved on most cognitive performance parameters on just one 500 mg., powered whole herb capsule a day. Many feel that Gotu Kola will be next biggest herbal discovery since St. John's Wort, and perhaps rightfully so. Gotu Kola is currently under intensive investigation by several large pharmaceutical companies. Am I endorsing Gotu Kola? Not even close. Will I include it in my treatment protocol? Damn right I will, but only as an adjunctive treatment. It costs next to nothing, and comes in encapsulated and powder forms, the recommended dose is 2, 500mg. capsules a day, AM and PM. Extremely high doses can cause a sedative effect.

mick33
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Steven please can you state what exactly it has done for you personally ,instead of just copying what you have read on another website.A lot of these herbs sound good when you read the write ups but in reality are practically useless
cheers in advance.....

Eric R.
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm now starting the Gotu Kola from Nature's Way. It sounds interesting!

Thanks !

ER

daver
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

its also possible to buy inferior grades of a particular herb.

I've been popping gotu kola for probably half a year now. havn't been all that regular with it tho. downed 3 bottles of caplets i do know forsure.

d

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 05:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Daver, has it done anything for u?

daver
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 06:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

nothing to speak of, but its not the only i do. Nothing has done much of anything for me ..yet.

d

steven b
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

dear mick 33,

i was wrong to say that i swear Gotu Kola has helped. what i should rather have said that i swear my routine for the last 6 months has helped my hair.

- miso/nappa beans everyday, either one
- eat much regular black beans
- 6-8 cups green tea a day
- no sugar/salt, and i try eat well
- toms exercises
- nizoral 3 times a week
- rinse my hair with apple cider vinegar three times a week
- Gotu Kola tablets everyday.

Michael
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yo steven b, WTF man. You got me buying a case of gotu kola offline because you post some shitty statement on here. Thanks.

daver
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

There are no miracle herbs that will grow your hair back. The best anyone could realistically expect is that it may help to slow down the loss IMO. something to be added to a routine...not a be all end all

d

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

The only miracle remedy to make one regrow hair is acid. Take 2 hits of acid after a long hard day at work and after about an hour or so, look in the mirror and you will magically have a full head of purple hair. Its great, works better than propecia.

pete1
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 01:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

"There are no miracle herbs that will grow your hair back"

There are natural substances that may slow and stop hairloss.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

pete 1, what might these natural substances be? I have yet to come up with a solution that will slow or even halt my hair loss.

steven b
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

michael,

sorry about that, if you really want you can send me the goto kola and i will use them myself and give you a full refund. your call mate.

Michael
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

steve, whats your address? Send me some nude pics of a australlian nude woman with hairy arm pits and ill send u the case of gotu for free.

steven b
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

michael,

what makes you think i am australian

Chalie
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I just stertad drinking coka cola, is that similar cola? What is gotu? Is that a no frills brand name cola?

spearmint
Username: Spearmint

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, April 08, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

i have taken gotu kola at 4g/day for around 1/2 year, i dont think it has helped, but its meant to be good for increasing blood circulation to the skin

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.