Aloe Vera and Scalp Exercises Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Alternative Treatments » Aloe Vera and Scalp Exercises « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,Aloe Vera is very helpful for people experienceing hairloss even though it doesn't have an official medical standing with dermotologists. Aloe Vera Stimulates cell growth, which makes regeneration and replacements of skin cells fast. It also increses blood flow to the capillaries. It also helps carry nutrients better and Aloe has zinc in it. Aloe is the most widely used first aid kits in America. Aloe also treats Psoriases and dermatitis. I know a couple whose husband was losing hair and his wife used aloe on his head and results were very good, he has a bald spot but not that big, the spot hasnt gotten any bigger yet. Aloe can be used to prevent hairloss, I only know a few people who have used Aloe for hairloss, there are no statistical evidence (that I can find) that says it will always work. I have been thinning and having a receding hairline, Ive bee using Aloe Vera and using your scalp exercises at the same time, and the results seem to be good, My hairloss seems to have stopped my hair looks the same for the past few months I have has less hairloss. I also have a tight forehead from the exercises thats good. Aloe Vera gelly rubbed in the scalp can be beneficial if the follicles are alive, its good at stopping it but it can regrow hair although the hair tends to be fine. But If you get it right when you just start to notice thinning it should be beneficial. I sometimes mix the aloe vera with vaseline intensive care and another Skin care treatment lotion to help out in keeping a healthy scalp, but I dont mix them all the time though. Aloe Vera is an natural overlooked substance.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

One more side note,Aloe Vera also penetrates in I belive its 3 layers of the skin and tissues I thik its 3. I doesnt just stay on the surface. it very helpful.

Tom Hagerty (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

You said that you use Aloe Vera jelly. How much and what brand? Is it pure Aloe Vera or is it a solution mixed with other herbs or chemicals?

You also said that "there is no statistical evidence" for the benefits of Aloe Vera. There is no statistical evidence for the scalp exercises either. At least there is no potential for harmful side effects with Aloe Vera or the scalp exercises. Thanks for this post. I'll have to read more about that little plant.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom, I use Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel, I buy it from GNC. I usually use the palm of my hand size and I put it on my scalp until it dries up. Its the purest you can find, companies always put a few other stuff in it to preserve it, but the effects do not lessen. Sometimes I purposely mix it with with vaselineintensive care only because I suffer from a dry scalp but its not nessesary. People attest to its healing properties, but not many companies talk aabout using it to help hairloss only a few will mention it but wont gointo detail, I guess they dont want people to really know. Well I know, and it can help some people. And of course no side effects its perfectly natural Aloe has 75 nutrients 200 active compounds, 18 amino acids and 12 vitamins. I also used to use Aloe Vera After sun gel, because I didnt have the Whole leaf at the time, to my amazement it healed up my scalp rashes and my small pimle like things on my scalp. Although when aloe dries up it heals rashes on the scalp but it can make it dry, so I suggest washing you hair with conditioner when yo take the Aloe off. Im still using it along with the exercises and im going to see what happens, my hairloss has stopped and the hair that I have is still growing strong, no new hairs yet but Im hoping.

ant del
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Do you think that by drinking aloe vera juice daily will enhance hair growth in the receeding temple regions. Thanks for the help.

Tom Hagerty (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ant del:

Why do you think taking aloe vera internally will promote new hair growth? Give me a URL. I'd like to read the article or articles.

I know that aloe vera reduces inflammation when applied topically. It soothes sunburn too. But taken internally it can interfere with iron absorption. You certainly don't want iron depletion if you are concerned about hair growth. Aloe vera also has a mild laxative effect when taken internally. You might not want this especially if you are going to a party or are out on a date.

ant del
Posted on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks for responding so promptly. The reason I ask is b/c in the above articles aloe was mentioned it had some benefits if applied topically. Although that is the first that I have ever heard of aloe being used topically. I'll have to look into that.
Thanks

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Aloe Vera has a mild SOD so it will help in combating hair-loss but I doubt it will be of any help as a stand alone treatment and should be combined with proscar/propecia and minoxidil(and the scalp exercise).

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2003 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

is anyone using aloe vera? does it really work??

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Does applying aloe vera to the scalp help hair grow longer faster?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

Nothing makes the hair grow faster. It grows a little less than a half inch a month no matter what you do. This is not a personal insight. Many studies have been done on this. Every study came to the same conclusion - one can't vary the speed of hair growth.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

When should I use the aloe vera gel?In the morning or night? How long do I leave it on for?

arutha
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 04:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Did these studies include minoxidil? For many people, including myself, minoxidil has an apparent increase in the rate of hair growth.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

dht produces inflamation in the scalp. aloe vera is a cooling agent. why shouldn't it work?

what people fail to see is that hair loss is not cause by just one reason. if you have dht effecting the hair regardless if you take something to block it you still need to provide the scalp with proper nutrients. otherwise forget it.
some will tell you that you can not apply certain nutrients to the scalp beacuse it is to large for the scalp and hair to absorb it. i disagree. there are shampoo's out there that will work.

back to aloe. i think it is a great anti-inflamatory. i personal used it topically several years ago and i'm thinking about returing back to using it. But with the tight regime i'm on i do not know when it would be good to use. maybe i could alternate between enzy block and the aloe at night. not sure.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

You wrote, "some will tell you that you can not apply certain nutrients to the scalp because they are too large for the scalp and hair to absorb." You disagree with this. Why do you disagree? Do you tend to believe what's on the shampoo labels?

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom, only the women buying Herbal Essence do.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

what happens if hairloss is genetic...my grandmother had thinning hair and so did my aunt..although my dads hair was thin but not thinning...question: will it work if genetics has anything to do with it?..cause i have a feeling im going to be going bald..:-(..its hard for a guy..worse for a woman though.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

I don't understand your question: "Will it work?" Will what work - aloe vera, the scalp exercise, Rogaine, Propecia?

Hair loss is always "genetic." Genes determine certain aspects of the aging process like pigmentation in the hair, pattern baldness, horizontal and vertical lines on the forehead - but these signs of aging are not completely determined genetically. Often genetic and environmental influences work together. By environmental influences I mean diet, avoiding too much UV exposure, perhaps aloe vera, and even the scalp exercise. Genes are all-determining when it comes to eye color and skin color. With hair loss, though, genetics is not necessarily destiny. One can do something to either slow down or reverse the balding process.

Tommy Le
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi..
Can I drink Aloe Vera juice and it will slow down my hair loss? Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Guys, check this testimonial regarding the use of aloe vera.

http://www.aloeveraresource.com/testimonials.html

Jo
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hello,
I have been reading about the use of aloe to help combat a diminishing hairline due to personal genetics,diet and a simply unlucky head!
I own a plant of aloe which we use for gentle first aid.Can I take sections of the plant and rub into my scalp, perhaps using a basic indian massage technique?
Or should I sell my soul to one of the many companies that promise that their version of aloe juice will have results within a time period or I can have my money back!
Or I could just stop being so vain and be happy with my lot....or not a lot...

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I just bought an aloe plant today. I have heard people using the juice/jelly from these plants for various ailments and such. Would applying this to the scalp be of any use?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Jo:

This is America. I think you should sell your soul to one of those companies that promise you everthing, and your money back if you don't get it.

Curious George
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Does anyone know when to apply the Aloe Vera? Night, morning? Should it be applied and rubbed into the scalp and then washed out of the hair?

Anyone?

L Marshall
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I use the generic gel from the drugstore. It's very cheap ( <$10 for a 500ml bottle). It makes the hair soft, and I find it works about the same as Dep for hairstyling. I apply it usually once at night and then again in the morning, then style my hair with it and start my day!
Since using it, the scalp exercise, saw Palmetto and green tea I have noticed hairloss slowing down. Very slowly, but surely. I have only been doing this a month, so I will update with more definitive conclusions once I have some to report.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

L Marshall:

Keep us informed.

Curious George
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

For some reason that sounds like leaving Aloe Vera in would clog the scalps pores. Does anyone else have a comment on that? Tom?

Joe
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I apply aloe three times a day and i have noticed

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

It looks like Joe stopped right in the middle of a sentence. I wonder what he noticed.

PKA
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Spooky.

Whatever it was he just had to stop everything he was doing immediately.

Like a 'Marie Celeste' discussion thread.

Dingo
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 04:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

my mum uses aloe vera.. we plant around 30 aloe vera plants in our garden
she cuts dem open and the gooey stuff inside she takes that out and mashes it.. and puts dem into a bottle and into a fringe
and applies it to her head daily
at night just b4 she sleeps..
and her hair has actually grown back !!!

now im starting to use it too !!
i'll post my b4 and after pics soon

peace out !

Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

aloe vera is easy to apply..
and it dries up realli fast
and it is not sticky at all
it feels soo natural and feels good
feels like i have hope
i use it everyday
can use it in the morning before i goto work
or even at night b4 i goto sleep
doesnt matter
sa there is no odour, nor is their sticky ness
and your hair remains the same, and it dries into your scalp realli fast
so its very convenient to use
i also plant aloe vera in my garden
so i use it straight from da plant naturally
with nothing else.. but just the plant
wish me luck everyone. i hope my hair grows back and all hehehe
there is always hope !!

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

maybe Joe is using it too much
3 times a day could be like a drug overdose
i only use it once per day
and my hair is growing fine

Jik
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

according to this site,

http://www.aloeveraresource.com/propiedades.html

aloe contains zinc and b6
- hey, ain't that like zix?

it also has copper and b12, which both may help with hair. there's a guy at hairlosshelp claiming gerat results with b12. here's the first page of the thread:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=31451&FTVAR _MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=7

copper peptides are used in tricomin and folligen, which studies have shown to give results similar to 2% minoxidil. i think that extended zix use can lead to a lack of copper being absorbed into the hair follicles. this is just a theory, but it is based on the fact that zinc and copper compete for absorption. Aloe has both and may be a well balanced treatment for hair loss - does anyone know the quantites of these things in aloe?
is the aloe vera site telling truth?

jik
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

jeez it also has lysine and arginine in it! i'm gonna get me some aloe:D

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

yup its a miracle plant
my grandfather/grandmother have been using it, and no wonder they still have hair at their old age of 80s... and now my parents are using it.. and now im even using it. :-)

i not only use it on my head to try promote hair growth, i also use it on my face to get rid of the pimples, it works way faster and better than clearasel and all those products. This is a natural plant at its best !!!!

maybe this is the cure to stop baldness....
but i wonder why the scientists havnt figured that out yet??? or maybe companies DO know about it, but they tend to hide it so the consumers can spend thousands on their products instead of the easy way out.. and i be you that even they use aloe vera in their products mixed with other chemicals... which is not needed... aloe vera on its own works best!

l marshall
Posted on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

yes aloe works incredibly. I've been using it for about 2 months and there are a whole bunch of little hairs popping up along my norwood-2 hairline. I used saw palmetto for about a month but stopped 3 weeks ago cause it was doing bad things to me (depression and man-boobs. very very bad). Like so many others on this board, I'm also 22.

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 06:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

How are you guys using aloe? Do you buy a bottle of it somewhere? Or are you using the goo from the plant itself?

andy
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good question, since I live in a country where there's no aloe natural plants, how can I get the best aloe gel to message my scalp?

jik
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

lmarshall, i'd really like to know what you're using and how you're using it too.

is this board really where the 22yr olds hang out?
must i leave when i hit 23?

anon
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm 22- what's the deal, why's there so many of us?! I have read that almost all men recede between the ages of 20-25, after that for a lot it slows down or stops, for others with the MPB gene it carries on or gets faster. Basically when I noticed my recession I panicked and predicted baldness by 26-27, but I think if we are gonna lose hair, now apparently is the time when a lot of it happens, the hormone levels are so high at this age. Fingers crossed it'll slow or stop anyway. I'm doin the exercises, bein healthy and applying aloe anyway!

jik
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

when'd you notice anon? i noticed *for real* at 20, but when i looked at the photos of me from the four years before it showed a slow recession of hairline that i hadn't noticed at the time! i was very stoned all the time then, so its not really a suprise that i didn't notice.
over the last few years i'm gradually moving back and now am thinning a bit on top and in the frontal region of the scalp- i doubt its gonna stop on its own:-(

anon
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I actually only noticed about 3-4 months ago but same as you I look back over the past couple of years and it shows it very slowly. I also was very stoned over this time tho, but I quit that as soon as I did start to notice it! It has been quite quick over the past few months however but I'm determined not to worry about it too much and enjoy it while I have it. I'll also do what I can to keep hold of it, tho I'm holding back on the chemical treatments for at least another 6 months. This is due to money and once you pop (a propecia pill), you can't stop! I've also heard finasteride reacts badly with alcohol and increases side effects- being 22 I'm not prepared to stop partying because of this, worse comes to the worst I'll shave it all off (and perhaps consider gettin my ears pinned!!!!). Hope everyone's feelin happy, if not, try! Don't sink with hairloss's ship.
Take care

Jenifer
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Back to aloe--it also contains MSM which is known
to strengthen hair, so it makes sense that it would make a good topical treatment. I don't see any posts here about taking it internally--that's a good idea too, of course. Can be mixed in water or juice.

Jenifer
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

whoops, just noticed Tom's post that aloe interferes with iron absorption, so maybe better
stick with topical applications...

Jenifer
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Me again! I checked out Jkl's link to the hairlosshelp forum, where I found an interesting
post about aloe--note that according to this, it
contains iron. Whew, this sure sounds like it's almost the perfect food! here's the post:

k, i been reading some folks who claimed that aloe was helping their hairloss problems, and i checked out whats in aloe vera. here's the list:

The "what's what" in Aloe Vera

VITAMINS:

A(beta carotene): for sight, skin, bones, anti-anemia.
B1 (thiamin): for tissue growth and energy.
B2 (riboflavin): in combination with B6 produces blood cells.
B3 (niacinamide): helps regulate the metabolism.
B6 (pyridoxine): as vitamin B2.
B12 (cyanocobalamin): most found in meat and dairy foods, very rarely in plants, so itís extremely beneficial for vegetarians.
C (ascorbic acid): fights infection by boosting the immune system.
E (tocopherol): with vitamin C it helps fights infection and aids healing. (plus folic acid, vitamin B complex): the formation of blood.

MINERALS:

More than 20 minerals have been found in Aloe Vera, all of which are essential to health. They include:

Calcium and Phosphorus:for teeth and bone growth.
Potassium (sorbate): regulates fluid components in the blood and muscles.
Iron: carries oxygen in red blood cells, helps body's resistance to infection.
Sodium: with potassium maintains balance of water and other body fluids. It also transports amino acids and glucose into body cells.
Choline: as a component of lecithin, needed in metabolism.
Magnesium and Manganese: help maintain nervous system and muscles.
Copper: the formation of blood.
Chromium: facilitates blood sugar levels, glucase metabolism, circulatory system.
Zinc: boots the immune system.

ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS:

ISOLEUCINE, LEUCINE, LYSINE, METHIONINE, PHENYLALANINE:Assimilation of proteins, pancreas and spleen, renovation of blood cells, prevents anemia; help resistance to disease; liver; digestion; muscle formation, insomnia; therapeutic use for depression.

THREONINE, VALINE.

Secondary Amino Acids:

ASPARTIC ACID, GLUTAMIC ACID, ALANINE, ARGININE, CYSTINE, GLYCINE, HISTIDINE, HYDROXIPROLINE, PROLINE, SERINE, TYROSYNE.

now, aloe conains zinc, copper, b6, b12, lysine, arginine. seems to be that aloe could be really a useful treatment, and its supposed to penetrate the skin well; the only problem is i cannot find what the quantites these useful things are!!!
anyone got any ideas? i reckon that aloe could be mixed with zinc etc to make it more effective.

here's a link to the site. contains some questionable testimonials about aloe like.

http://www.aloeveraresource.com/propiedades.html

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hey im only 19 man !!!
i think i started to lose hair at the age of 18, but never really cared back then, but now a year later... i suddently care, because it is more noticable now.. you can see my scalp under any places where there is light, eg the light at home, the sunlight.. etc etc...
oh since hairloss is because of hormaones, so are you saying if you have less sex, your hormones will actually slow down and you wont bald as fast?

jik
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

lol - jennifer, thats my post!

my username on that site is jikslee:D

jik
Posted on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

so who's up for an aloe trial? 4-6 months maybe?
is there a particular kind that the sucess stories up there are using? I have a bottle of 100% aloe juice in my fridge, and did my first applictaion today!

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Jenifer:

I never said that aloe interferes with iron absorption. If I mistakenly did, point it out to me and I'll send you a check for a million dollars for penance.

L marshall
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey, I just buy the generic stuff at the drugstore that they sell for treating sunburns. It comes in a 470ml bottle (I'm canadian - we use metrics up here...um about 1/2 quart for you americans) and it costs about $5. It's a gel, so it is kinda sticky in the hair. If you're someone who gels their hair, then this is the stuff for you. You can just apply it in the morning and you're good to go! I usually just apply it to my head at night though. I'll probably keep using this stuff for the rest of the summer and see how things look in fall.
I first noticed little thinning in the corners of my forehead (temples) about a year and a half ago. The little triangles have gottan bigger since then and my hairline has receded about 1/2 inch. It's kinda frustrating cause I can't spike my hair anymore or I look like that guy from canadian idol. Someone should really tell that guy what's up. This university lifestyle is hell on the hair. My current regime is:
-Aloe topical
-Flax seed oil
-brewers yeast
-evening primrose
-SE
-Bayers 1 a day multivitamin
-green tea (2 cups a day)

Jenifer
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,

copying and pasting from your post in this thread dated Aug. 23, 2002:

I know that aloe vera reduces inflammation when applied topically. It soothes sunburn too. But taken internally it can interfere with iron absorption. You certainly don't want iron depletion if you are concerned about hair growth.<<

But it's OK, Tom, I'll let you off the hook about
the million...though it sure would be nice!

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Jenifer:

Your check is in the mail.

The book Hair Loss Prevention by Peters, Stuss, and Waddell has a good section on page 50 about the topical use of Aloe Vera.

Do you actually eat the stuff?

jik
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

aloe vera juice is sold in health shops in the uk, you can even get it cranberry flavoured! it usually has the aloin removed tho, to prevent the laxative effects.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Jenifer:

It is the laxative effect of aloe vera I was alluding to when I posted the message about the internal use of aloe and it effect on iron absorption. Anything that increases intestinal mobility interferes with iron absorption and the absorption of other minerals and vitamins too. Am I wrong about this?

Jenifer
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Tom, if a laxative effect caused problems
with iron absorption, then prunes would not be called a good source of iron, but I believe they are.

As for eating aloe, I just started mixing some of the gel into
tomato juice along with a raw egg yolk and liquid
silica drops as part of my approach to growing healthy hair. Goes down easy...

terri
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Aloe: There are possibly serious side-effects ingesting too much according to National Cancer Institute:

The external use of aloe for the relief of minor cuts and burns appears to be safe and effective. There are mixed reports about the safety of taking aloe internally. One report suggested that aloe taken orally might increase cancer risk to humans.
Side effects of the internal use of aloe may include abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, and electrolyte (chemical) imbalance, especially at high doses. It should not be used as a laxative for more than two weeks.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

you can eat aloe vera
i know people who actually eat it..
butin small amounts.
they say if you eat too much at once, your feel sick and vomit etc...
so only eat a little bit..

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

who would like to grow the plant...
my country has it...

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

you can eat aloe vera with bee honey..
I heard honey can also pervent hair loss.
think you can search the website for the goodness of honey.

I have try it sometimes..
No diarrhoea or any unfeeling well.

cometoid
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

For internal usage, it has glycochemicals related to glucosamine. Also, this is supposed to be a rich source of nutritional sulfur.

Aloe actually has a drying effect on the skin. Leaf juice makes my hair brittle, gunky, and smelly, and that clarified stuff in the bottle is laced with some kind of chemical which stings cuts. Generally, either kind will cause my scalp to overreact with so much extra oil that there are pimples.

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have just had by-pass heart surgery and am on quite a few medicines. Since coming home from hospital I have begun to have some hair loss. Would aloe vera help this? Anyone?

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I'm not too sure whether aloe vera can help.
But I got a few tips here.

1)you can try eating yogurt.
I have heard about people from newspaper who undergo cancer treatment and also experience hair loss. They eat yorgurt make with milk and the hair exactly grow back.

2)Eat fruits in a empty stomach.that is before a meal.This way, the nutrients will be able to digest more successful. It will aid in reducing hair problem.
I got an e-mail regarding this research.I can mail you if you want this info.

3)Drink pollen honey,I have read that it also helps as honey is like aloe vera.It contain a lot of nutrients.

4)drinking small wheatgrass juice.
But the person hair grow black, didn't mention about hair growing back.
And this small wheat grass is also high in nutrients.
However, I heard it is more to the yin element according to the Chinese. Not all people body can take this Yin element.
But to counter the yin element, take together with Alfalfa.

these above 4 methods, I have try the first 3 except the fourth one. Milk yorgurt can be make at home cheaply. But small wheat grass is expensive in my area.

Other than that, I have also applied aloe vera gel grown from my house with Biolyn serum.
You can see about the product of Biolyn from http://www.biolyn.com.sg/.

My hair drop has decreased about 40%-50% since 2-3mths ago.
Somehow, I'm adopting a more fruits and vegetables lifestyle.I believe this also aid in hair drop problem...

hope this helps.

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I donít know how successful aloe vera helps whether internally taken or external usage.

But I have try this few methods:
1) eat honey. I have read that it aids in the problem of hair loss.
2) Eat fruit in a empty stomach. Meaning, before a meal.
Your body can then absorb the nutrients easier and digest most of it.
I have got an e-mail info on this. If you want, I can mail it to you.
3) drink yorgurt. I myself drink yorgurt make with milk. There are news about
people undergoing cancer treatment, who had experience hair loss. Their hair exactly grow back drinking yorgurt make with milk.

Besides these 3 above , I had applied aloe vera gel grown from my house mixed with Biolyn serum. You can check Biolyn serum product from www.biolyn.com.sg .

Combining all these I had noticed a reduction in hair drop about 40% in about 2-3 months .

You ever heard about small wheat grass. Well, I read about people drinking it and their hair grow black, not grow back.
You can try it also. But it isnít cheap. So I didnít try it.
However I heard that it is more of yin element according to Chinese sayings. And not everyone body can take it. To counter the yin, drink with Alfalfa.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 02:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I donít know how successful aloe vera helps whether internally taken or external usage.

But I have try this few methods:
1) eat honey. I have read that it aids in the problem of hair loss.
2) Eat fruit in a empty stomach. Meaning, before a meal.
Your body can then absorb the nutrients easier and digest most of it.
I have got an e-mail info on this. If you want, I can mail it to you.
3) drink yorgurt. I myself drink yorgurt make with milk. There are news about
people undergoing cancer treatment, who had experience hair loss. Their hair exactly grow back drinking yorgurt make with milk.

Besides these 3 above , I had applied aloe vera gel grown from my house mixed with Biolyn serum. You can check Biolyn serum product from www.biolyn.com.sg .

Combining all these I had noticed a reduction in hair drop about 40% in about 2-3 months .

You ever heard about small wheat grass. Well, I read about people drinking it and their hair grow black, not grow back.
You can try it also. But it isnít cheap. So I didnít try it.
However I heard that it is more of yin element according to Chinese sayings. And not everyone body can take it. To counter the yin, drink with Alfalfa.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

how do you guys apply the aloe vera gel

do i buy the gek? and just worjk it into my hair?

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

any updates on how people form months ago are doing with this approoach

L Marshall
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

yes. I have been doing the scalp exercise and applying a aloe vera gel to my hair everyday for 4 months. hairloss has slowed a little bit. that's it though. I'm going to start taking 1/8 of a proscar pill each day this fall to hopefully regrow some hair. maaybe minox too.
but in conclusion - hairloss has slowed. hopefully after another 4 months it will have stopped altogether

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

are there any brands that are 100 percent aloe.

i bought Life brand aloe gel at a phamacy here in torontom but is has other ingredient in it i am wondering if its good to put on your scalp

maybe i should just buy a plant, is an aloe plant easy to grow indoors?

quest
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

yes, aloe plant can be grown easily indoor.But it is better to put in outside the house, like the corridor also can for it to get the sunlight.

I've tried normal soil and black soft soil.Use black soft soil is much better, as its roots grow more easily.the plants grow faster too.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

So what should I buy? The styling Gel? The Juice? What results have you guys gotten from these products? Just reading the info here, seems that everyone is trying everything. Just curious which one works the best and how fast the results are

maria
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anyone used aloe topically to treat seb derm/dandruff? Does it work? I just bought Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gelly which is 99.5% certified organic aloe vera gel. I actually bought it to use as a styling gel. Found it recommended on another board. Now that I see it can possibly help w/ hairloss I'm going to put it on my scalp as well.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I just want to share something with you guys. I have been concerned with seems to be an advancing thinning of my hair and a more obvious scalp in between the hairs on my head.- I understand that the SE or any other treatment will take many months to see results.

I tried doing this today and it really improved the way my hair LOOKED. I read somewhere to prepare your own hair treatment you mix
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of Pure Honey.

I applied it to clean wet hair, then wrapped it on a hot towel (or go into the sauna)- for about 10-15 minutes.- Then I left it on for another hour or so.- After that I rinsed in the shower with fresh water.
This is a sticky mix and the hair strands clump together and your whole scalp is visble- but dont panic.- While wet and sticky, it appears that the scalp is more exposed.-

Once clean, I combed my hair dry without scraping the scalp, just superficially until it dried. - in about 3 or 4 minutes, the hair began to acquire more volume.

The result was impressive.- My hair was Manageable, Shiny and voluminous, made me feel at ease. Nobody would even think that I have a thinning hairline (almost always, one notices more than strangers),

The point is Do the Scalp Execrcises, take your vitamins or whatever , and maybe this hair treatment (mix) could help every once in a while to improve the way you hair looks -=Let the long term treatments do their stuff, but in the mean time, try to make the most out of what you have.

I'm just trying to help.- I just liked the result.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

This is just a question I have after reading - "I applied it to clean wet hair, then wrapped it on a hot towel (or go into the sauna)- for about 10-15 minutes."

I've seen articles recently about sauna and steam bath regimens causing the skin to become dry and damaged. I've also read that the high heat of the sauna can damage the hair follicles. In the past, I've always assumed that steam baths would clean your pores and get rid of toxins in the body. I just read several books by Paula Begoun, a respected expert on skin care, in which she warns people not to take steam baths or use saunas.

There are many websites that tell of the benefits of both saunas and steam baths, especially of saunas. So who do we believe?

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I believe everything in moderation is the key/ Going in a Sauna Every day , might not be the good way to go. I choose go once a week at most.- 10-15 minutes is benefitial to the circulatory system and the skin.

Drinking plenty of water before and after will prevent dehydration. The water pumped out through the pores (sweat)- will clean the build up and clogging that the external washes cant reach.

Hairwise, the scalp is still skin, and the heat for the treatments on the hair eases the absorption of the mix onto the hair shafts. I dont believe that the mix will benefit the hair internally, I think it just helps clean away all the dirt and unwanted grime- coats the hair shafts with clean protein and makes the hair more manageable and shiny. The hair treatment, hot oil or natural mix that you spread on your hair coats it and protects it as it heats up.

Here are some websites that mention benefits of sauna:
http://g.msn.com/9SE/1?http://www.sauna.co.nz/saunashealthbenefits.asp&&DI=293&I G=572dc249e79946aeb2a9d6fb75520527&POS=10&CM=WPU&CE=10

http://www.clearwaterpoolandspas.com/new_page_4.htm

http://www.poolwarehouse.com/sauna-benefits.html

http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/sauna.htm

Bradley
Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

After finding this thread awhile back through an online search, I went out and got some Fruit of the Earth's 100% Aloe Vera Gel at CVS. It was only $2.99 and looks to be good stuff.

Does anyone have any updates?

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I think applying aloe vera only helps a little.I guess it is the interior of the body system imbalance that causes hair loss...

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

imbalance can be caused by the food we eat,our emotions(anger,jealousy etc),lack of exercise etc.

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

after reading through the article i wantttt too whether aloe vera can be taken internally or not??pls helppp
i hav aloe vera plant i started applying it a week back it make the hair black and is it good for dandrufff????????
pls help does it mak hair grow fast

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

aloe vera can be taken internally.I have tried mixing it with honey or organic flaxseed oil or fruit juice.NO DIARRHOEA OR SICKNESS at all.Maybe depends on individual body condition.

But the aloe vera I ate is all grown by me.All organic,no man-made fertilizers,no animal waste,no pesticides.

Pls also note "flaxseed oil" is very good.Do look up the relevant website regarding flaxseed oil.
Somehow I believe it has help in my hair drop condition.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hai readers aloe vera is it good for the hair to grow to prevent dandruff to make it black.can be benefit for these three things.plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss heeeeeeelpp i wantt to know

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Honey and aloe vera help the hair grow and can help stop dandruff and psoriasis. If you have a dandruff and psoriasis problem, you should get something to help it so that your scalp can become healthy. Try using Beta val, an doctor prescribed lotion for psoriasis.

DIMPLE GOPAL BHATT
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 06:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ALOE BECAUSE I HAVE VERY LONG HAIR BEFORE WHICH BURNT USINS ALOE VERA DOES SPLIT ENDS GOES I HAVE VERY MUCH , WHICH MAKE MY HAIR VERY ROUGH

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

IS ALOE VERA GOOD FOR GROWING HAIR I HAVE VERY LONG HAIR BUT THEY ARE VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THIN AND THOUSANDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OF SPLIT ENDS PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE SAY THAT ALOEWILL HELP SPLIT ENDS TO REMOVE

adrian
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

those intertested can email me..use aloe shampoe.
adrianasia2002@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

kantutan !!!!!!malaki ung tite ko pag nilalagyan ng aloevera?

Ritchie
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom,

I started using Aloe vera today. I cut one arm and took out the matter inside, blended in a blender, to make it uniform. I then applied it to the scalp, with gentle massage, necessary for application, because it doesnt stay in the scalp too well without it.

I plan to do this daily. Is it adviceable?

Thanks

Ritchie
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Also,

On days that I shampoo, should I apply aloe after shampoo or should one apply it and then shampoo.

I would prefer the latter, because of the lightness one feels from a clean head. But it appears its always better to apply stuff on a clean scalp.

Thanks,
Ritchie

Bradley
Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ritchie, I would apply it after shampooing.

I also have a question. I'm thinking of using aloe vera in conjuction with Minox. I'm just wondering, should I apply the aloe vera before or after applying the Minox and how long should I wait?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

what about aloe vera straight from the plant.is that good or bad?

tatinanaha
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

do u guys wash it out after?or just keep it on ur scalp? i plan on using the aloe vera gel from the plant.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

aloe vera is without doubt useful for hairloss.
but then also are other herbs like rosemary, henna, fenugreek, tulsi, reetha, amla...
i am in the process of compiling the various herbs used in the process of preventing hair loss and also their dosage. take a look:
http://hairloss-treatmentayurveda.blogspot.com/
ORANGECLICKS.

jeffy
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i have made an alcohol-based tincture of aloe vera. i apply it every other day, i often forget. but i think i'm thinning even FASTER than ever before. and i'm only 23! . perhaps it's because of an over-active sexual appetite (mostly realized through masturbation; i can't go five days without it!), that's plagued me my whole life (and jacked up the levels of DHT and other harmful chemicals in my scalp). but does anyone think that the ethyl alcohol when applied to my scalp, is bad for hair growth?

Margret
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Having sex makes you lose your hair???????

Anonymous
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi all,

I used to see many hair fall out during showering in the morning and in the evening.I try many methods,apply aloe vera,eat aloe vera with honey,buy hair tonic etc...but not really useful.

Later i quit my previous job which is stressful, took a long holiday,then my hair fall rate decrease.Meaning getting better.

Following which I did some detoxification on my body,eat healthily,do exercise like yoga,qigong..Now my hair drop rate has reduce to about 60%.

I feel the key to recovery is through detoxification.If your body got a lot of dirt inside,even if u eat any herbs tonic,it will be very hard to be absorb by your body.

So far I have only succeeded in stopping the hair loss,but not fully grow back those hair yet.I'm stll looking for a way using some natural therapy.

Michael
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

sorry,i am just a newbie over here.I am michael from malaysia.Actually i am having this hair loss problem for quite a long time and i am only 23.I don't really know the cause but i think the DHT is the culprit.Looking into the interesting opinion from all of you,aloe vera is the best thing to stop baldness.I have been going to Svenson,a hair loss treatment center but it cause me thousand of dollars in those packages!One problem is,i find it hard to actually obtaining the source or aloe vera.Do you know any places selling it in bottles?By seeing a doctor also, he gave a an advise of trying to eat a type of medicine to control hair loss, 1: minoxidil(Rogaine) or Propecia (finasteride).It is really working?Anyone try it before?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Michael:

Don't remain a "newbie." Do a lot of reading in order to educate yourself. After some research you might have to question your statement that - "aloe vera is the best thing to stop baldness."

jr56
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

..getting back to the aloe vera...

ihave some aloe vera gel with the following ingredients:

aqua
alcohol denat
glycerin
aloe barbadensis
polysorbate 60
dimethicone copolyol
sodium carbomer
parfum
imidazolidinyl urea
cl 42090 cl 19410

would u recommend putting those things in ones hair?

many thanks

SE 9 months In
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

& what about these TOM, my aloe gel is BIO active aloe vera but the ingredients include the following:

acrylates / c10 30 Alkyl acrilate crosspolymer,
Panthenol,
Disodium EDTA,
Sodium Hydroxide,
Phenoxyethanol,
Methylparaben,
Propylparaben

are these safe for scalp?

(sorry to but in jr56)

Anonymous
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Been doing some reading.

The reason I think Aloe Vera Juice will aid in fighting hair loss is

1. It detoxifies the body. Esp. in your liver, kidneys and stomache areas.

2. It increases lymphatic drainage.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.