Scalp Exercise Video (Hasson & Wong S... Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » The Scalp Exercises » Scalp Exercise Video (Hasson & Wong Scalp Exercises) « Previous Next »

Gabe
Username: Gabe

Post Number: 119
Posted on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQX_WyLosA

It's like the Tom Hagerthy’s scalp exercise but with hands, way much harder!! the guy mentions that it's a procedure patients do before they get a HT so that their scalp becomes loose and that the doc can grasp more grafts hmm...Tom what do you think?

Tom Hagerty
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3306
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Gabe:

If you can't do the scalp exercise, this exercise is worthwhile doing. I think the scalp exercise is more effective, though, because the scalp muscles actively contract. In the exercise on You Tube, the scalp is passively pushed forward and backward. Active muscle contraction is more effective than passive movement for several reasons:

1. The blood flow into contracting muscles is ten time greater than the blood flow into relaxed muscles.

2. Contracting muscles stimulate angiogenesis.

3. Muscle contraction promotes nitric oxide (NO) production. There have been many scientific articles about NO and hair growth, including some about why miNOxidil stimulates hair growth in some people.

Gabe

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom:

Yes i agree with what you have to say about that exercise...though I’ve been on this site for a long time and tried to do the exercise before I’ve never really found myself "doing it right"

When i feel like "im doing it right" sometimes i can actually observe how much better my scalp looks afterwards (meaning the galea less tight and scalp pushed forward, making hairline less receded)

In my battle of hair loss I have recently made an order on some lasers from china for a cheap price just as good as the lasercomb ones, that im waiting to put together to build and use in conjunction with the SE.. i have a feeling that it will work..

Because i feel that my main problem with hair loss is that my galea is pushed hard down contracted with the neck muscles at the back this can actually be observed by looking at my scalp and also feeling…after session of the SE my scalp becomes flat, before it is kind of bumpy and the places where there is a loss of hair like the vertex there is like a cavity,

Not only does it make my scalp tight it also pushes my face upwards deforming it from how it was in my younger days...

This is also an observation i have noticed when i feel I’m doing the SE right my face expression begins to look more like the ones in my younger days...the scalp is loose the face is no longer contracted in a "baldie look upwards way"

If you make notice on how bald peoples scalp and faces look you will see a quite a resembles, the scalp is usually tight and the muscles under the occipitals or around that area is contracted really hard…

Like this picture here,

http://www.scarletpage.com/images/recent21.jpg

I’ve posted this one before but focus on his scalp and see the bumps or vains crossing the scalp from the middle and the sides and try to correlate that with the face muscels, those occur when the scalp is pushed backwards, I know this because I get the same thing…after a session of SE the scalp is pushed forward and my hair line as well and the bumps gets flattened

Have you noticed this? Or perhaps anyone ells?

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3308
Posted on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Gabe:

I'd really like to know if you're doing the scalp exercise right. Try this out and tell me about it: Contract just the occipitalis muscles at the back of your head. In other words, try to pull back your ears. If you are getting a contraction of the occipitalis muscles, these muscles will bunch up strongly. Place your fingers firmly over the occipitalis muscles as you contract them. Do you feel these two muscular slips bunch up? If you are not getting a full contraction of the occipitalis muscles, you are not doing the SE effectively. (Look at the anatomical drawing of the occipitalis - My Approach.

I should have added a number 4 to the reasons why the active scalp exercise is better than the passive manual movement of the scalp. The active contraction of the two major sets of scalp muscles speeds up lymphatic drainage. In some people with hair loss problems there is a lymphatic pooling. This creates small raised areas (edema) in the scalp. The scalp exercise if it's done correctly eliminates these pools of lymphatic fluid.

You wrote, "after session of the SE my scalp becomes flat, before it is kind of bumpy and the places where there is a loss of hair like the vertex there is like a cavity..."

Bumps and cavities is a vivid description of pockets of stagnant lymphatic fluid. This exudate - the accumulation of metabolic waste products in the fluid - can penetrate through the lymphatic vessels into scalp tissue. I think the scalp exercise if it's done every day can greatly quicken lymphatic drainage in the whole epicranial area, thus reducing the exudate, or getting rid of it entirely.

Gabe

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Tom:

Yes I think I am doing it right, because as you described my ears move backwards about 2-3cm and two muscles at the back of my head bunch up at the same time, so yeah after doing it for two days straight I guess I wasn’t so committed or motivated enough to know what I was doing with it :P .I guess I hade control of the occipitalis muscles after all, but what I don’t like is that my ears are being pushed backwards, I kind of like them when they are more visible, is that a side effect of the SE? Or will it correct itself after a while?

I’ll report when I have more to observe…so far my scalp is becoming more flexible

I would also like to know what you’re opinion about low light lasers are? Like in combination with the SE

Tom Hagerty

Post Number: 3313
Posted on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Gabe:

Are you serious? Are you saying that the SE repositioned your ears? :-) That's weird. You're the first one with this very strange complaint.

You wrote, "I would also like to know what you’re opinion about low light lasers are? Like in combination with the SE."

I don't have any solid information, but here's what Stephen Foote says about this:
On a personal note, i got a laser brush around three months. As you know i think the recognised benefits of laser treatment in edema are the reason these help in MPB. I also think this is the best way to deal with the inflammatory component.

http://www.rj-laser.com/english/edema.html

I use this every other day over the "whole" scalp including the sideburn area.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.