Tight scalp and hairloss Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » The Scalp Exercises » Tight scalp and hairloss « Previous Next »

BEn
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

yes hi Tom
i have emailed af ew doctors and they have emailed me back saying that there is no coleration between a tight scalp and mpb..whats your opinion on this thanks..also in response to something i read by someone here..my acne on my forehead has actually increased since doing the exercise anyway...peace

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ben:

You've emailed a few doctors and they emailed back saying there was no correlation between a tight scalp and male pattern baldness. I'd like to see these emails. I'd like you to post them on this discussion forum.

A tight scalp usually is a thin scalp. Thin scalp tissue does not support a terminal hair follicle. These doctors who you've been emailing must have access to information that the rest of us unenlightened souls do not have. Everything that I've read indicates a positive correlation between a tight scalp and hair loss. But of course if a doctor tells you something, it must be true.

naqi
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

To the doctors:

"...Say: Bring your proof if you are truthful." {27:64}

Naqi

Ben
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hi Mr Hagerty heres my answer from Dr Proctor " hello dr proctor i was wondering is there any coleration between a tight scalp mpb..i have read that there is..i wanted your opinion on this..iam a norwood 2 aged 25 whats the best way for me to get some regrowth and halt hiarloss as well..thank you.."

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: "I do no kow of any established correlation between a tight scalp and pattern hair loss. As for treatments for hair loss, See www.drproctor.com/baldfaq.htm

I set another question asking about thin scalp so whe he replys i will post i asked oter doctors too have not gotten replys as of yet...but i was wondring and i do believe u by the way but do u or can u show me a site or something that links tight or thin scalp to mpb or shows there somehow related..thank you..

BEn
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

hers another reply..from the Doctor.. ..Tom do u ae any studies u can lead me too that say tight scalp is colerated with mpb..Im not askig to be pushy but wantig to read up on it as well...

Hello Dr Proctor wI askedu a question concerning tight scalp and mpb coleration..i meant to say thin scalp tissue is it true that men with mpb such as myself have a thinner scalp of tissue to support terminal hair which may translate or mean basically tight scalp by saying thin..is this true and if it is not u have ay studiesthat may say otherwise..thank you for your time..Jason"

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: "I have heard the suggestion that a "tight scalp" may be associated with hair loss, but do not know of any studies that support it. Peter H Proctor, PhD, MD www.drproctor.com"

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ben:

Dr. Peter Proctor is not necessarily saying that there is no correlation between a tight scalp and baldness. He is saying that he has not seen studies of this correlation. I have. I don't know if these studies are scientifically valid, but if I find the material I'll post a URL or send it to you.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

what qualifies as as tight scalp?

is your movement of 1/2 inch forward and 1/4 back loose?

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

When you place your fingers firmly on the scalp - and it doesn't move - that's a tight scalp. It's an easy test. Some scalps move less than 1/16 of an inch. My scalp, which I consider loose, moves almost 3/4 of an inch. But my scalp does not appear loose because the epicranial muscles are all toned up thanks to the scalp exercises.

naqi
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ben are you sure Dr proctor doesnt want you to pay $60 for his shampoo and conditioner, or his hair loss treatment for 4 months a whopping $100.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Naqi:

There is indeed that. Dr. Proctor is a businessman.

Ben
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Im not going to buy anything from him of course.. i merely posing a qurstion i emailed Dr Lee and asked him too ..have yet to receive a reply he usually slow with replys..but Dr Lee seems mucvh more sincere as he spends more time in his replys..were as Dr Protor to me anyway comes off as pompous and arrogant..never meet him but from his replyds he didnt put alot of thought into them obviously just stated what he knows and his opnion..but Tom u must know of some study or something that shows a coleration between a tight scalp or thin i mean and mpb..i mean u do mention it often so there must be something..Im sure u didnt just come up with it..even Dr proctor says he has heard od it but knows of no study that shows it..not saying he is right..as doctors can be wrong...but..being im 25 and im a norwood 2 or 2.5 ...and my right is so thin and bad..im hoping in say 6 months from now the exercise has had an impact even if it just stabalizes my hair..cause im, still receding and it seems rather fast which i contribute to stress being befotre i began`stressing my hair it receded slowly..now its taken on a rapid approach and it has to be stress.cause other than taking a few vitamins and doing your exercise..ive done nothing diffewrent..but i will start excersising etc...but..i hope u can find a study ..take care

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Ben:

This statement about the positive correlation between a tight scalp and hair loss - and the association of thin scalp tissue with a tight scalp - was not the product of my imagination working overtime. When I was living in Chicago I often went to the Ravenswood Medical Library to read the textbooks on dermatology - the chapters on the various forms of alopecia. I took many notes while reading these texts. In my notes I found several references from medical texts about that correlation between a tight scalp and hair loss. A good researcher should take down the name of the author of the book, the name of the article, and the page number. I did not do this. But as I said, this statement that I made on my Web site about a tight scalp is not something I created out of thin air.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Tom, I know that people say bald men have shiny heads because their scalp is tight, but isn't this just because there are no follicles to refract the light differently?

Also, could you just look at someones head and tell it was tight? Just curious, because theoretically there should be a difference between a bald man with a shaved head and a regular person with a shaved head. I would say I do notice some men with shaved heads do not have shiny heads, thus not tight scalps?

thanks

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymous:

The way to determine if a scalp is tight is to place the fingers of both hands firmly on the scalp. Now try to move the fingers. With a loose scalp, the fingers move about a half inch; with a tight scalp, they don't move at all. A shiny head is irrelevant.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.