Pubic hair--how fast does it grow? Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Other Hair Loss Problems » Pubic hair--how fast does it grow? « Previous Next »

Bermuda Swartz
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

How fast does pubic hair grow compared to scalp hair? Does it go through the same cycles as scalp hair? Does it tend to become thinner with age or after menopause? I've never seen any information on this subject. I hope it is appropriate to ask these questions here.

Freddie
Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

perhaps you could modify the scalp exercise for..umm nevermind.

Tom Hagerty (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2002 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Bermuda Swartz:

The hair cycles for the eyebrows, eyelashes, arms, legs, and pubic region are much faster than the cycles for scalp hair. The growing stage (anagen) of the cycle for these areas is only a few months. The growing stage for scalp hair is from two to six years. That's why scalp hair grows very long whereas hair on other areas of the body does not.

I'm sure women don't mind if arm and leg hair gets thinner after menopause (although sometimes it does not) but postmenopausal women don't like to see pubic hair get thinner. I wish I were more of an expert on the topic but I don't get much "clinical" experience in this department.

Some women who are concerned about thinning pubic hair actually buy a merkin. A "merkin" is a pubic wig for women.

If I were a woman and saw Freddie's comment above, I'd be tempted to say, "Freddie, you're just terrible."

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

where does one go about buying a merkin????

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anon & Tom,

Why would you want a merkin??? Lot of women shave, or at least use a product like "Bikini Bare", lol!

Tell me Tom why when women age does their hair goes south--around the chin area? I have this darn course wisker that pops out about once a month. Thank goodness there's only one!

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Anonymouses:

You can get a black merkin at Wilshire Wigs. They usually cost $28.50 but they are on sale this week for $20.00. Mention my name (Tom) and you will get another 10% off. When you go to the site, you'll see a photo of the merchandise on a dark blue background.

That one whisker problem. When women get older estrogen production slows down so there may not be enough to counteract the effects of the small amount of testosterone women still produce in the adrenal cortex. Testosterone stimulates the growth of hair where women don't want it.

Anonymous
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Has anyone had experience with natural products against hair loss? Do they work? How slow? Any suggestions?

melinda
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I often here of Bikini waxing,and how every one is doing it now. Isnt pubic hair sexy any more? to me it seems so mystrious and sexy. My question is ..How do you avoid the pain between all the waxing and shaving?

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

i have a problem with pulling out my eyelashes and my mom won't let me get my license with out eyelashes. please help me.

lai
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

my pubic hair is just a little, i want to have more, can i grow my pubic hair without buying any medicine? can i grow my pubic hair thicker then before?

kozina moses
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 04:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Pubic hair is a matter of choice. Yet women can alternate like growing it full for a few months, and then shaving it regularly, say every week for a few months. Then they can have the best of both experiences. Aesthetically, hairy bush is more attractive than a bald look.

KO
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 05:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Kozina Moses, where the fuk are u from saying a bush looks better than a clean shaven puss? I never heard any such thing. You must live in the jungle and your woman must be one of those tribal women from africa with national geographic looking titties.

KOsmyhero
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Oh my goodness. You are a very cool person, KO. You should never stop being that way.

Anonymous
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Come on guys now lets stop the fight, some people like pubic hair n some don't i sertienly prefer not its more sexy without it

Shevi
Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

This is crazy that you all are arguing about...of All things...pubic hair. LOL. I was just doing a Yahoo search on how quickly Scalp hair grows, and ended up getting a link to this site.
I'll just give my opinion/experience real quick... The guys i've dealt with..the ones that said Anything... said they prefer it Shaped up(you know, shaved around the edges to look neat) With hair...i like the look of mine Totally bald, but since the stubble can hurt in places..i usually dont shave it all off, i just shape it up. :-) When i read that one guy..Kozina moses'..comment, about how it looks better hairy..i was like "What? It looks better hairy?? Is that what most people think? LOL. Maybe the broads he messed with/saw pics of had the type of p that needed to be covered up". Then i saw the person's comment about how it does look okay shaved, so i felt more like i was in the norm again(although the person said it kinda Rudely..then someone congratulated him..thats why theres So many dummies in the world). Growing up, i figured most females` looked alike, since mine looked just like the ones in the text books, but boy can they look Odd. lol Anyway, im outty.

me man
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

what are you talkin about?? ko is right, shave it all off, not try to get more. whate are you thinking?AND A WIG?!?! if i saw some chick with a wig id walk out of the room then and there. oh well, your choice

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.