Is there anyway to stop frontal baldn... Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Male Pattern Baldness » Is there anyway to stop frontal baldness?? « Previous Next »

yogy
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hello eveyone,
I wanted to know if there is any way to stop frontal hair loss? Everything (besides the scalp exercises) are only promising hair growth in the crown of the scalp but no frontal hair growth. Is there anything out there that can help with frontal hair loss?? This is the only hair loss that I have none in the crown. Plus, is frontal hair loss a sign of anything like extra stress hormones, or diseases? I find it unusual that I have a frontal balding scalp but a completely thick head of hair in the back or crown. Thanks for listening.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Yogy:

I've never read anything about hair loss in the frontal hairline being associated with stress hormones (cortisol) or specific diseases. It is not unusual for a man to have frontal balding but a thick head of hair everywhere else.

As for your big question "is there anyway to stop frontal hair loss" - I have no answer.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

try minox or spiro and the scalp exercises..

arutha
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Most hairloss drugs are tested only on the vertex, and the FDA prevents the drug companies from even hinting that it can grow hair anywhere else. Minoxidil has had a disclaimer for years saying that it hasn't been show to promote frontal growth, and the Dutasteride trials were also focused on the vertex. It is supposedly more difficult to regrow hair on the front part of the scalp due to the thickness of the skin in that area. However, many drugs can grow hair in the front. A recent study on minoxidil shows that it can regrow hair anywhere it's applied. My advice is to include at least one or two topicals in your regimen and use them as aggressively as you would if you were treating the back.

Tom Hagerty
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Arutha:

What other topicals besides Rogaine would you recommend? Would you recommend any combinations of topicals like those of Dr. Lewenberg?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.