Cold water and HAIR GROWTH?..... Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Male Pattern Baldness » Cold water and HAIR GROWTH?..... « Previous Next »

Eric
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Can cold water increase hair growth? Some believe that with SE's, healthy diet, and cold water may actually reverse balding. Scroll down on this article to about the end and read about Cold water and hair loss.http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020123lindlahr/020123ch28.html

Klaas
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 04:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I have recently started with cold showers, not only for my hair but mostly because I just feel great after taking a cold shower. It's definately good for blood circulation and general health, a lot of people also notice that their hair and skin gets in better condition.

A lot more information and reader feedback on this website.
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/showers.html

No more hot showers for me ever again!

hair_tomorrow
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 07:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Way back when I first started losing my hair - and before any of today's meds and treatments were even available, I bought a book on haircare.

One of the things mentioned was to do a cold water blast to your scalp before getting out of the shower to help improve circulation and keep oily hair at bay.

I did it for the longest time and then lost interest. Can't speak to the circulation aspect of it - but at the time I was having problems w/ oily hair - and that cold water blast to the top of my head really did help with that.

I've recently started doing it again. If nothing else - it helps wake my arse up in the morning.

I still take a hot (warm) shower - but before I get out I turn off the hot water and let the cold water blast me from the back of my neck to my temples. Brrrrrrr.

Gabe
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I was very interestd of the moon phase theory on that page were they say that you should cut youre hair during the third quarter of the moon...

What i wonder is what happens if you cut on the other time...

Also they did not mention for how long you should take the cold shower...does anyone know?

kook
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 05:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

only get your hair cut during the third quarter of the moon,what a load of horse !

Gabe
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

kook

It might not be, the moon has allot of effect on the earth, the tides is just one example...

But the explanation on why hair should be cut at that exact time dousen't make sense!

joe joe
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

im with kook on this one... but the cold water might not be a bad idea. In Japan women who make traditional paper never get alzhimers. They say its because they have their hands in ice cold water all the time. I've made it... its so cold it hurts but maybe its good for hair and over all health.
even if Tom says alzhiemers isnt so bad. hehe

Eric
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Thanks everyone for their opinions on cold water hydrotherapy! I think I've made up my mind... I'm sticking with cold water. But what about when the cold weather starts in?...LOL

Klaas H
Username: Jkkezh

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 05:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Footballers apparently also use cold water as a cure to prevent injuries and quicken recovery.
I take an ice cold shower every morning now and it's a great way to start the day. Cold showers also help a lot when taken right before you go to bed if you can't get to sleep because of the heat in the summer. Don't know what it will be like in the winter though.

You have to get used to it and I guess it's not for everyone (can't really see women doing this). But if you have the balls to make it through the first 30 seconds of shock it's just amazing, your body starts pumping blood around and you will adapt to the cold. Especially the feeling when you get out of the shower is grrreat.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.