What's a GOOD shampoo Log Out | Topics | Search
Hairloss-Reversible Home Page | Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Hairloss-reversible.com » Male Pattern Baldness » What's a GOOD shampoo « Previous Next »

Anonymous
Posted on Monday, March 14, 2005 - 04:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey I've read on here that sodium sulfate stuff (two different kinds I think) that's in ALL shampoo I've seen is REALLY bad for your scalp. SO what are some good shampoos without those things and where can I buy them?

Pete
Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I use suave shampoo. It smells good. I think it works pretty well too.

Paul
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Good shampoo?...well, I go for the cheap stuff since i don't have alot of hair to work with, but the the Herbal Essence shampoos seem to work well for deep cleaning and a nice scent.

Paul
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

Correction: question was a natural shampoo without the chemical additives. "Tom's of Maine" might have something in this line along with natural toothpastes, etc. You can find these products in health food stores.

SALVATORE
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

I use nioxin and since I have started using it about a year ago, I have noticed my shedding has almost stopped and my hair looks thicker. I use it 3 times a week sparingly.

Greg
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

A good word of advice from a friend of mine who used to be on the inside when it comes to hair loss products, use baby shampoo. Seriously. It's gentle and doesn't have such a high concentration of crap that the other shampoos have.

BlueDiamond
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

A lukewarm shower everyday. Nothing else.

Marco Polo
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Dont listen to dirtball diamond. Use a natural shampoo and soap product. there are many out there, and you can find them cheap on the net. People who say dont use soap or shampoo are a bunch of hillbillys.

BlueDiamond
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Water itself is a natural schampoo. A pretty good schampoo. Water has most of the extreme properties of all fluids. *Only water* is an undervaluation of a magnificient, magical substance. I donít want to convince anybody, I only show one possible way to choose. There are other good possibilities.

"Dirtball" Diamond :-))

MARCO
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Hey Blue, the name fits you well. LOL.

LEPRECHAUN
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

Try nizoral shampoo. You will find that it works well to slow shedding hair. I have used it for a while and can tell you that it has worked well for me. If you decide to use it, use it every third day because the concentration of minerals in the shampoo is strong, maybe to strong for use daily. This

mike mitchell
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

I suggest going to the health food store an finding a product that is as simple and natural as possible. avoid the products that contain ingredients that you can't read or pronounce. I like the shampoos offered by "Swiss herbal remedies". This is the same swiss who make the supplements. I live in Canada an have no idea if this brand is in the States, but nonetheless suggest you check out the health and natural food stores.

Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post

try morroccomethod.com
I ve been using it for a long time and i might use it for the rest of my life. There is alot of short hairs growing. I dont think it gets past that point but it is a good shampoo.
But i think it is expensive and alot of girls use it for some reason

Anonymous
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 04:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post

NIZORAL!
LEPRECHAUN's advice makes sense.
Nizoral contains an antimicrobial agent called ketoconazole. Current research is showing that conventional male pattern baldness is correlated with inflammatory infiltrate, T-lymphocyte, etc. abutting the follicle -- in other words, an immune-system battle is occurring at the hair follicle before the hair falls out. Additional research suggests excessive activity of certain fungi, such as malassezia furfur, near the follicles. The fungal growth is supported by DHT (why Propecia works). Hence, reducing malassezia furfur by killing it with ketoconazole (Nizoral) makes sense. Wash with two shampoos, preferably one containing selenium sulfide (also an antifungal), and the other containing Nizoral or related. If you do not have access to Propecia, try beta sitosterol to reduce DHT (and lower your cholesterol in the process). Also consider supplementing with Zinc and a B-vitamin complex.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.